SS totenkopfverbande cufftitle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS totenkopfverbande cufftitle question

Does anyone have an early officers bullion ss totenkopfverbande cuff title they can post. ?

Totenkopfverande Cuff title.

Last edited by C. Betz; 12-11-2009, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Can you post again? It dissappeared before i could look at it, or maybe it was never posted..? (the one with the stylized SS's before the totenkopfverband )Thanks
      Last edited by juoneen; 12-13-2009, 01:22 AM.

Comment

1 more comment on the ss totenkopfverbande title inquiry

I have an old cufftitle i got at an auction in indiana at least 10 years ago. I was contacted by one forum member thru this inquiry, when i asked about the title question , (and i sent a very poor photo (for perusal)wich was all i could locate at the time) to them, but it was a very dark photo,poor quality , a distance shot and the bullion is oxidized, hard to see closely .
        I have been told by the individual , that the backround, (wich i cannot see even in my own photo ) is incorrect, but upon examination again after retreiving it in the last few days ....after years of not looking at it ... forgot it has a stitched in makers tag in bevo from 35 at the end .
        The man who had it at the auction didnt know what it was, and didnt know he even had it in his lot to be auctioned, as he strictly bought household estates, and i even asked him prior to him selling his lots, if he had any black bands with germanic writing, and he looked at me in a puzzled look..and said no he didnt have anything like that.(there were NO other nazi items at all in his large auction lot)
        I discovered it was in his stuff quite accidentally, as i was quitting , and went to the restaraunt next door attached by a parking lot to the auction to eat prior to going home, ( i was beat)and my significant other said, did you see the cufftitle? I said no!, and she told me where it was, and i immediately freaked, and dropped everything...ran back across the lot in the ice and snow(50 yards ), and found it just going up for bid right when i got there where his section was ...I won it ...paid 18.00 and was almost unopposed in bidding. Its an officers version, with the stylized S's in the front of the word totenkopfverbande.
        I did notice till after i won it , that it has a 6 line silver bullion edging, a black backround piece of material over the bullion reverse..the full width of the band , and just covered the stitching...and if someone can PM me a original to compare i will send mine in return with better photos for detail. I prefer to see one of the same maker i mention below...(keep reading.)
        I dont think posting it is worth it unless really original ,because there are too few originals out there to be seen in collections ,as not even 1 materialized , and dont wish to waste anybodys time ... and as rare as they are in officers versions from 35 ...Its difficult to believe this one could be a fake.
        I have personally found ..Many times the best stuff Ive ever gotten :is a sleeper, and go cheap like this,thru those who have no knowledge of german ww2 stuff ...and if the guy had purported he had one, or had a story , i may have doubted him , or been suspicious... so anybody with one who cares to share some photos with little intrigue ..I will do the same .
        If it is deemed correct i will then post it for all to see, but i want to be 100% sure prior to doing so, and i am not involved with making fakes or even retail sales of things i have collected for >4 decades . Thanks

(there are a few other things i didnt mention about the title, i will share with the other person if there is one out there who has an original to share, but i know i have some ss collectors on this forum that dont trust me as truthful for my adamacy about the ss skull i got from the vet as a kid i posted several times when the subject arises,they still insist to be a fake.
        I do know the skull to be right but big egos always stand in the way of truth , even with 100% provenance of an item like that skull ,especially if you have written a book, and a skull marked the way this one is... contradicts an "experts " opinion (where it has been stated is totally fake, even though i agree most of that particular numbered skull encountered ..really were made in the late 70s, early 80s, and are fakes, but I know for fact because of the one i got ..were also really made as originals in 1940 because all the guy stuff i purchased brought home was 100% right, and he never collected or was in the occupation forces... so...back to the subject...of this cufftitle ... all i have is... a strong feeling, it may not be a fake as assesed , but i want a second opinion ...as there had to be several makers of this band.1935 is very early but is rzm marked and also ss marked .
        I think mine says RZM 36 with a line over 35 then SS in a circle ......if my memory serves me right.....My thanks anyway if i get no answers back...as i do know they are seldom encountered in the officers versions.
        I need it to be from the exact same maker , and the same year (whomever that #36 may be in 1935 as i am no expert, and don't rightly know much about ss makers marks........That is so early in the TKV.....
        I really appreciate the assistance if anybody has this exact version willing to help and i would appreciate hearing from you for a comparison, even if someone who does not feel the same about the skull i posted, and can put their differences aside ...but as i say... a different maker will not do for this situation, only that one from 35...........J

Comment

Its 61 over 35 not 36 over 35...my mistake.

Pardon me, i got the number wrong on the cloth stitched tag...its 61 over 35 , not 36 over 35....i just checked, and realized i was wrong.

Comment

61/35 RZM Tag

The 61/35 RZM tag is a well known reproduction. It is readily available from Reddick Militaria in Texas.

Did you get your cuff title from Central Indiana Auctions in Bloomington, Indiana? They were notorious for selling reproductions.

Does your Totenkopf Verbande cuff title look like this?:
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=83489&page=9 Post 131 & 132?

Here is the 61/35 Tag from The Fake Uniform Insignia thread at the top of this forum:
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=83489&page=19 See post 280.

Charles Betz
            Last edited by C. Betz; 12-23-2009, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Dorry ...I didnt see the answer to this post . Mr betz, ill try and dig this title out to use to compare to the helpful posting you did for me. May be a few days, but ill have to make a trip to get it, and at that time ill repost those photos for reference , either way, if bad or not. The auction was shipshewana indiana. The price i paid was 18.00. I was one of the only bidders. It has a backing covering the reverse stitching. So bare with me , as i just figured out how to access old postings without the long tedious searching. Thanks also for the help. One thing i can say is this title in question has that white oxidizing found on older bullion due to moisture or humidity.

Comment

This one is no doubt an original.

*edit*

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                  Dorry ...I didnt see the answer to this post . Mr betz, ill try and dig this title out to use to compare to the helpful posting you did for me. May be a few days, but ill have to make a trip to get it, and at that time ill repost those photos for reference , either way, if bad or not. The auction was shipshewana indiana. The price i paid was 18.00. I was one of the only bidders. It has a backing covering the reverse stitching. So bare with me , as i just figured out how to access old postings without the long tedious searching. Thanks also for the help. One thing i can say is this title in question has that white oxidizing found on older bullion due to moisture or humidity.
                  Hello Juoneen,
                  Sorry to jump off the subject, but can you please explain your avatar image. I have tried to figure it out for a long time. What is it exactly?
                  Peter

Comment

Rich

Rich, thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                      Hello Juoneen,
                      Sorry to jump off the subject, but can you please explain your avatar image. I have tried to figure it out for a long time. What is it exactly?
                      Peter

Looks like a German soldier pointing a rifle directly at YOU!

Tom

Comment

Comment

My original.

Bob Hritz
                          Attached Files
                          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Rich,

not sure why you deleted the photo but yours was a stunner from the pics I have seen! Shame you don't still have it. Matt

Comment

Stunning

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                              My original.

Bob Hritz
                              Stunning - and for me the single most desirable SS cuff band of all.

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X