Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange M43/M36?

Hi there everyone,

Pictured is a M43 tunic that has been produced to recapture the M36 look. I would like all your opinions on it. I believe the eagle is most likely post war applied? All comments welcome

Steve

Hello Steve,

for one thing, markings are on the 'opposite' side.

Comment

Very interesting wartime alteration. I have also owned several M43s with dark green collars period applied. The faux pleats are also of interest and confirm a practice that can be verified by photos taken during the war.

Comment

Hi Tony,

Markings on the opposite side are fine. I have seen this done on both issue and tailored enlisted jackets in the past..

This jacket looks good to me but the eagle is most probably post war replaced.

Glenn
        Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 03-25-2006, 12:34 PM.
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Markings on the opposite side are fine. I have seen this done on both issue and tailored enlisted jackets in the past..
          yes it's pretty rare but it sometimes happens ( errors ? )

I also agree for the eagle

Comment

Originally posted by feldwebl
            Hi Tony,

This jacket looks good to me but the eagle is most probably post war replaced.

Glenn
            Hello Glenn, I stand corrected .

Comment

It looks to me that the eagle is an NCO-style flat wire eagle? If so this was private purchase and could have been bought and applied by the senior corporal himself to make his field blouse look fancier. If it is in fact a flat wire eagle I don't think it is possible to say whether it was a period or postwar replacement for the factory applied eagle.

Comment

The positioning of the collar tabs is unusual as well (or maybe just appears that way). Here is another dark collar conversion M43 tunic on a major dealer site, look at that positioning! Has anyone ever seen a period photo of tabs worn this way? I would be intersted in comments on this.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi there all,

this tunic is very similar to the tunic that Axel sold on estand about 2 months ago. I wanted to post just to get your reaction to it. There is also a picture of a tunic like this in B.L. Davis WH traditions book on Heer uniforms.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

I had for sale a similar tunic 2 months ago, but I've decided to keep it in my collection!
                    I will take some pics.

Regards

Comment

Hi Axel,

Also, post that picture of the soldier, with the MP40 wearing this type of tunic.

Cheers. Steve

Comment

Steve,
                        Thanks for posting this jacket. I really like seeing soldier-modified clothing. It really speaks more about the individual mindset of a certain soldier than a mint, unissued uniform. Sure the m36 must have looked snappier... but it is almost like he's trying to turn back to a reminder of an earlier, happier time in the Reich when things were going more their way.

Are the faux pocket pleats only on the top pockets?

Paul

Comment

Hi Steve,

Sorry for my late answer!
                          Here the pic of my converted M43 Jacket
                          Attached Files

Comment

And the owner!!! (No...it's a joke )
                            Usually,I don't like the tailored tunic and I got it , I posted this tunic in the E-stand..
                            But this pic has changed my opinion..and finally I kept it
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by alexandre; 03-28-2006, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Axel,

Thank you for posting these pictures, now I have someting to gauge my tunic by. Cool picture by the way. Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X