Strange Variation Sleeve Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Variation Sleeve Eagle

A Friend of mine bought a few items from a tank destroyer veterans daughter and we found this in a stack of paper in the lot.I have never seen a eagle like this before and was wondering if it could be foreign made.The daughter had no idea where her dad got the items and this was the only SS item in the lot.

Jay Parisi
    Attached Files

The Reverse still seen to the uniform material.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have never seen one like this one before..... So I can not give any comment on the authenticity. The weave looks correct though.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Jay,
        Interesting eagle. I've seen a photo of an SS para smock with an eagle that had a wreath similar to yours (I don't remember if the body was the same).
        Regards,
        Fred

Comment

That is a great looking eagle...the age pattern just talks to you...I know that the double circle around the swaz is on some fake wool examples (they copied bevo styling)...but I have also heard that it is found on originals...I believe this to be a very scarce variant.

John

Comment

Knowing the provenance may well validate this piece,but I ask you this..... If it was Manions or E-Bay would YOU bid on it ? 'cos I wouldn't (but that's probably just showing my ignorance )

Cheers,Ian.

BTW I guess for the UK members the area where the body meets the feet reminds me of Orville the duck,scary.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X