Check out this website!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Carl.....

.....outstanding link. Nice to see a web page by a RK holder.

After looking at the images, I would say that there is definitely some fuel to be added to the fire, on the controversial rounded inner frame RK's.

I will be looking for more evidence, at the upcoming show in San Jose, CA, to support the existence of these RK's. The photos on herr Springer's site are very compelling in this direction.

Good site.

--------------------

Regards, Bruce

Comment

This post had me digging through some old photos.

Hein Springer has been a dear friend of mine for over 20 years and was the first KC winner I had the privilege of meeting, in fact my forthcoming book on the Iron CRoss is dedicated to him.
      I have stayed at his home many times and am lucky enough to have been given personally dedicated copies of most of his photos (those on his site are only a small selection of the great photos he has) and both the books he was involved with.

The highlight of every visit however, was when he brought out his original Ritterkreuzurkunde - still with its tissue wrap in the original card box, and allowed me to examine it. It was hand-delivered to him on Hitler's express orders by Sepp Dietrich whilst he was still in hospital recovering from his wounds.

A superb piece of history.

Comment

Hi,

Please can someone tell me how would I can go about in obtaining Herr Springer's autograph?

Regards
        Rick

Comment

Hi, C.Evans,

That will be great,
          I've sent you a PM re Heinrich Springer's address.

Regards
          Rick

Comment

guys, I am not sure if the English site has the same text as the german one, but on the german one he asks people to please stop sending him letters and asking for autographs and Photos etc, and to please use the website to contact him if you really need to.

I think giving his address out and writing to him is basically what he wants to avoid, and is the main reason he set up the site.

Most living KC winners have more mail than they can handle, even the Widow of the KC winner in our village gets tons of mail.

Comment

Here you go... I thought I had seenit somewhere.....

"Diese Seiten sollen meiner Entlastung dienen. Anfgrund meines Alters und meines Gesundheitszustandes bin ich nicht mehr in der Lage, schriftliche Anfragen bezüglich Fotografien oder der Militärgeschichte zu beantworten. Der Interessierte findet hier und in meinem Buch Antworten auf Fragen, die ich beantworten kann. Ich bitte Sie, mich nicht mehr postalisch zu kontaktieren."

Basically it says, I am not im good health, please dont contact me by mail. I cannot answer letters and send photos anymore. All questions I can answer have been dealt with in my book.

Just incase anyone missed it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X