Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanienkreuz(?) LDO Case in green

Hello,

i bought this LDO case this week. The hinge of the case is broken and lost to history but i think is a nice case and it was cheap. To me it looks like a mid to late war LDO case for a spanienkreuz. The color of the case is light green and the base is violet. At the moment i have only my golden spanienkreuz at home and it fits not perfect but gives a good impression of the size.
    Attached Files

with cross (900er) of Airgunner who died with Mölders at the crash of their plane-
    Attached Files

Comment

empty base
      Attached Files

Comment

and the last
        Attached Files

Comment

I'd declare this was genuine by the looks, and is best fitted with a silver or bronze cross.

Mid war only production wise I'd say, issue: mid to latter war. This outer covering you have on this bares the traits of not being a later case when looking at the KVK and EK sorts (the texture)

Of course thats just an observational opinion of my own, if your case had been an incipient Ldo one like this for the Spanish Cross the Ldo logo would be on the outside of the lid (as in all the Ldo boxes, large and small and cases), because from that they went to this logo.

I thinks it's lovely, well done and not to often seen (rare to purchase, in terms of 'around', I've seen a few and know of them in collections and they have Sapnish Crosses in them, Jaques has one I think also)

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Nice to see a green case whit LDO loggo, well lets be a bit bad .
            My green case do have a 65 EK in it, and that is the org to the case.
            What should fit in ur case a L/26 EK or a KvK, i should think its for a KvK.
            Mikael

Comment

Hello Mikael,

could you please post a picture of your case.
              I've never seen or heard that this type of case was used for a KVK or EK but who knows?

Comment

You can find it on a search both here and in the EK section.
                Mikael

Originally posted by heinrich66
                Hello Mikael,

could you please post a picture of your case.
                I've never seen or heard that this type of case was used for a KVK or EK but who knows?

Comment

Hello Mikael,

found your case! Yours is fine example of the green case for the ic (i have one myself). But this case here has much larger size.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X