Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle & Skull Set 800 Silver ??

Hi,
    Here's another "good deal" I've found. Sorry about poor quality photos, all I have for now. Any hope for these?..thanks
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

No hope sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Ade,
                Thats what I figured, Here's what the seller had to say about these "jewels".
                DESCRIPTION: The salient word here is "silver." The normal material for cap sets were of a white metal substance. This set that we offer is crafted of pure silver and clearly marked in raised figures "800." This is of relevance as the silver versions were very rare in that they cost the officer much more, as they were individual purchase. Many companies made them such as Assmann, Wagner, Wilm, etc. Some had the 800 markings under the jaw of the skull, while others had the 800 mark integral with the interior of the skull. The detail of the silver skulls and eagles is much finer than on the base metal versions and naturally, they are much heavier. The retaining pins are also much thicker because of the additional weight. These were liberated from two different Berlin sources in 1945. They don't come any better than this. These are truly jewels of the Schutzstaffel!

Comment

Looks like from "Germania".

Comment

Originally posted by Karl S. View Post
                    ...Here's what the seller had to say about these "jewels"....
                    There is a substantial amount of "misinformation" on that site. Some may be simple error on the seller's part, but there is a lot there which is such BS that it borders on the absurd. I find it hard to believe that anyone who makes a living in this business could be so clueless. I can only conclude that someone who spins such fanciful tales with no basis in reality whatsoever must be intentionally attempting to deceive potential buyers.

Comment

Even Al Bundy hates that insignia.....

Comment

Not even close.

William Kramer
                        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

It shouldn't be too difficult to nail the offender though .... he left his fingerprints all over the back of the moulding.

Ian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X