SD Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD Tunic

Requesting the help of our SS uniform experts.

I really like this tunic and it is being sold by a respected seller whom I trust.

Can anyone please add any comments or observations as to whether the insignia is period applied to the tunic, if this is a put together, or is it even possible to tell?

All comments welcomed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SiPo; 06-05-2010, 09:24 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

this is from hannahs reich,

moest of their stuff looks nice, but if this is genuine too?
            it looks nice though

Comment

The insignia appear original.

Ian.

Comment

My only comment would be the tab sewing is rather substandard, applied by an amateur.

Richard

Comment

Tab sewing

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                  My only comment would be the tab sewing is rather substandard, applied by an amateur.

Richard
                  I find the sewing to be typical of the period. No red flags there.
                  Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                    I find the sewing to be typical of the period. No red flags there.
                    Peter
                    Peter,

You do realize that I am only speaking about the collar tab sewing? Everything else besides the tabs looks fine. Surely you misunderstood me.

Richard

Comment

Actually I don't like the way the tabs are stitched to the collar, does not strike me as period done.... Furthermore there appears to be some slight damage underneath the sleeve eagle..? Would raise a question as well,.. but of course you should see it in hand first. The shoulder straps are correct SD and look IMO authentic to the tunic.
                      F

Comment

Thanks so far everyone.

The slight cut does not go underneath the eagle, but is actually just below and does not break the stitching. This can be seen better on the reverse.

I am happy with the insignia and the tunic, but am a little weary on the stitching on the reverse of the collar patches, hence my initial query as to if this is post war put together.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Love to see a close up of the collar tabs from the front.

Comment

A couple years ago a stash of these style tunics was revealed here on the forum..sans insignias. This may or may not be one. I am not trusting of all the SS tunics these gentlemen seem to unearth every other month for years on end..that is just my personal opinion. Before it took me years to find one tunic and now I just have to go to one of three or four dealers in Europe and they will find one or have it already. Some admit to the slap togethers but still insist on getting the top premium for them as well..the reason I will no longer buy from dealers...sorry if I hurt someones feelings but this is how I see it. this is an enlisted never worn tunic and that slash beneath the eagle got there because someone was messing around and screwed up..not from years of abuse...Ive seen this before on an admitted restored piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Infected View Post
                              this is from hannahs reich,

moest of their stuff looks nice, but if this is genuine too?
                              it looks nice though
                              This on Last Reich not Hannahs Reich for those wanting to read the info' with the tunic.

Chris.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X