No announcement yet.

Two Luftschutz Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torstenbel, Thanks for the additional info!
    My verdict: pin #1 is and pin #2 is
    I think the first REICHS LUFTSCHUTZ pin may come in several colored-border versions. Manion's just sold a blue bordered version, and one featured in the article a couple of posts back seemed to indicate a white border...?

Comment

Excellent info Torstenbel, thanks for showing us.

While we're on the subject of fakes, here are a couple that I doubt would fool anyone but I'll post them for reference.

Cheers
      Don
      Attached Files

Comment

This one is on sale in the UK for £7. Sorry but I don't have a pic of the reverse.

Cheers
        Don
        Attached Files

Comment

Only a black & white shot of this one I'm afraid.
          Attached Files

Comment

Torsten.
            Thank you for the information on these pins vey much appreciated.

Comment

no prob...where I can help..I will... Cheers, Torsten.

Originally posted by jnoble
              Torsten.
              Thank you for the information on these pins vey much appreciated.

Comment

Here are my pins. I believe the white is supposed to be for daytime, the blue for night. I do not know what the green one in post 1 is for.

Notice the top of the "R" in Reichs and the bullet-shaped dash. This agrees with the ones in post #1, #13, #20, but not the one in #19 (which may be why it is so cheap).
                Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jnoble
                    Scott, Yes I believe these badges should not only be serialized but they should also have a mm as well as a GES GESCH mark. Here is another picture along with my badge.
                    Mr. Pinkus, Here is the thread you asked about. Robert

Comment

are these to be considered authentic?

This has the flaw in the "R" as well but an entirely different plate under the pin which would be suspect to me. The maker mark looks like it has leftover rough edges as well.

William Kramer
                      Attached Files
                      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Hello,
                        Just out of curiousity does the makers logo look a little strange? If that is supposed to be Herman aurich it differs from others I have seen. I also have a fake DSB with the same logo on it. In contrast I have an original boxing plaque with the herman aurich logo that looks much different than shown on these badges. If you notice the H on these badges doesn't really look like an h. it is closed on both ends. If I am incorrect please let me know. I have attached a picture of the aurich logo from the plaque I have and the aurich logo from the fake badge I have. hopefully it is closeup enough to be clearly seen, if not I will try to post another tomorrow.
                        regards
                        Duzig(Bill)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Duzig; 04-11-2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Hello,
                          just bringing this up top seeing if anyone has any other info on these badges and the logo marks.
                          Duzig(Bill)

Comment

I have always admired the design of the Reichs Luftschutz pins, but could never fully convince myself they are original. The screwy hallmark surely is not the proper Herman Aurich mark.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Hello,
                              Mr. Hritz, I thank you for your comment regarding this logo marking.
                              thanks again
                              Duzig(Bill)

Comment

Is there any more input about the Luftschutz enamelled pins with the bastardized Hermann Aurich mark? I would really like to know if these are original or another fantasy pin.

Bob Hritz
                                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X