A big collection on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sander vw View Post
    Luca, if you are realy considering of buying this I think the best thing to do is make a team of collectors and visit the guy, more opinions are always usefull.

Regards,
    Sander
    Sorry Sander, That would be like taking a bunch of men that have been in prison 20 years to a strip club. Add some beer to the mix and we could have fist fights in the front yard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
      Hi Luca,

As you can see at least two of the beret covers are on modern crash helmets. If the covers are good at least you can save some money by them not being complete. I'm dying to see a close up of the SS beret insignia...I hope a good photo is forth coming. Best wishes in your endeavor.

Richard
      My friend, I am agree with you, from these pictures fake crash helmets under those covers but insignia on the SS beret looks promising, as can be.
      Talk you soon.
      Luca
      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Good evening,
        I know this personal museum. All the models was sold to 3 collectors for a 116000.00-euro total in February 2009!. 98 % was original (2 % were some badges and caps)

Comment

PHP Code:
          116000.00-euro total 
          Wow really high prices stuff

Real stuff in real collectors hands.

Comment

Roche,

Are you sure you are speaking about this same collection? I saw a number of photos of this particular collection and I don't recall seeing one original item. Maybe it is another with similar content?

Richard

Comment

There is no possible error; I going on the spot with one of the buyers

Comment

Roche,

If they pay that kind of money for obvious fakes....how well do they pay for original WWII items? I have seen close-up photos of many of the items and they are without question...fakes.

Richard

Comment

I would like to see a movie about that, it would be up there with the greatest robberies of all time. I believe they may have sold it to people and that those people may believe that 98% of the items are real and 2% were fake but I agree with Richard. Based on what I see in the pictures the values should be reversed.

Comment

As stated before this is very telling. Considering the rarity of the items, big dealers like Weitze, Wolfe Hardin etc would have jumped on this, if the majority of the items were original.

WR Jim

Originally posted by boyouLaGleize. View Post
                    This collection is for sale since one year.
                    Be carefull my friend

Comment

I saw other pictures that were sent to me which I long ago deleted. Most the items I saw were based on the photos very obvious fakes. If someone bought these that you know I suggest they check with other collectors. People with a collecting interest but little knowledge and lots of money are targets for this sort of thing. It is sad it happens but it does. I have been invited to see collections of fake SS panzer tunics for appraisal etc. that had been bought for fantastic amounts of money where the owner had no idea.

Comment

The salesman proposes and the buyers arrange!.
                        There was no spot trap.
                        The buyers took time to examine on the spot uniforms. I have no right to say more neither on the salesman nor on the buyers.
                        The salesman had not warned of the sale on Internet. An announcement of sale was propagated by one third nobody. Normally objects were reserved for the museum of Saumur. H. Weitze had been interest but only by certain uniforms and caps but the price proposed by him was too narrow-minded.

Comment

Please..tell these buyers to contact me. I will have a way better proposal for them.

Richard

Comment

I ask him for his agreement for it, but now his "museum" is empty. The group was taken by the new owners. Now, him cruise with his Porsche Cayman S ....

Comment

..... Just a Question; how do you make to recognize at a glance the authenticity of a uniform? I am really admiring in front of your knowledge!

For me uniforms are only through books and those whom I can meet at the collector's, sometimes on books there is fakes also, no?

Comment

Originally posted by roche View Post
                                .....Now, him cruise with his Porsche Cayman S ....
                                Is this the new seller's Porsche?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X