UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A stunning example of an Imperial Russian Pilots badge !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A stunning example of an Imperial Russian Pilots badge !!

Front of badge !!

Back View !!

The rear view ,note St Petersburg hallmark,and muliple construction.

Comment

I might have expected a little more detail. Is the one I'm posting incorrect?
      Attached Files

Comment

The story...

..i purchased this rarity off an old boy of 92 who had owned it for about thirty five years....

i was at an arms fair and casually asked a dealer if he had any World War1 aviation badges for sale...as usual the response came back " No"
        A tug at my sleave made me turn around...an old man said "Iv got a pilots badge youd like "
        Not to be inpolite i said how nice that was ...and the old boy insisted that he have my address !!
        Details were exchanged and two weeks went by....a letter popped through my door .
        Stunning photos of an Original Russian 1917 aviators badge !!...i read the note "if you like the pictures ring me "
        I ran to the phone,two mins later i was talking to my old friend...i expressed my appreciation of the pics and then he came out with "make me an offer " the last version i had seen was through Spinks at £1250 some seven years back...i said well how much do you want ..the reply "give me £250" and i will be happy....i agreed !!
        ..but no there was more he insisted that he post the badge to me first before i sent payment......now how many people would do that these days ???????????
        ...the rest is history.......i have now owned this beauty for eight years and it has got to be one of my best items.......my boxed Austrian Uboat ,named commanders badge comes second !!!
        Hope you all enjoy the pictures...
        WW1wingman
        Steve

Comment

try again...

..hope these pictures get through !!

Comment

try and try again !!

and the back !! fingers crossed !!

Comment

..construction methods !!

..Hard to tell without seeing the back...during the 1970s solid versions were produced for collectors .....i have only ever seen two 100% originals all were muliple constructed..each leaf each petal or made up to form the badge..pure art work....these were privately ordered and made up by a jewler....hallmarks should be similiar to as shown !!

WW1wingman

Comment

Here is WW1wingman's pilot badge - first the obverse....

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

... and the reverse

I took the liberty of scaling these down a bit. They are still plenty big for everyone to see, I hope.

Note the St. Petersburg 84 Zolotnik silver mark on the lower left point on the reverse of this badge. Interesting, and obviously hand-crafted. I would say it is in keeping with the quality and construction of other Imperial Russian badges I have seen.

Tim
                  "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

Great Piece

Thanks for posting

George

Comment

Imperial wings....

Steve,

Post more Great Wings......

George Liuzunie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X