SS Officer Visor Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officer Visor Cap

Hello guys, please give me your opinions on this Officer WSS Visor cap. I have not see any red flags... Very interesting old newspaper under leather band..
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well....PK vs the Waffen ss cap...a long story... NTZ or BenVK please, start the game...

Comment

Originally posted by Seb777 View Post
          Well....PK vs the Waffen ss cap...a long story... NTZ or BenVK please, start the game...
          what mean pk?

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
            what mean pk?
            Pekuro

I see red flags.

Comment

I kinda like it ..but I dont know much of the under the hood world...Billbert

Comment

I like very much, although I am not an expert in this type of caps

Comment

Nice Hicke and Zimmermann insignia .... can't comment on the cap.

Ian

Comment

Side lining has surely been messed with. Inspection needed for this one.

Who's the seller?
                    Last edited by BenVK; 08-04-2010, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                      Side lining has surely been messed with. Inspection needed for this one.

Who's the seller?
                      That liner has surely been messed with.

Comment

Funny how this cap just died off the radar but let this same cap go on a certain dealers site and it will be defended until death. JMHO

Matt
                        Last edited by Kreager; 08-05-2010, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Says it all really doesn't it.

The total lack of interest unless it comes from a certain dealer with certain friends is truly disappointing for the whole collecting community here.
                          Last edited by BenVK; 08-05-2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I guess the suggestion with the lining (how and where the sides of it are sewn) being removed and replaced raises questions that the cap is a re-banded Heer cap.

I like the look of the cap. I would try and determine if the velvet is original and original to that cap. I would think that it could be detected even from the outside if it has been taken apart and re-banded.

Comment

For me, it looks like an authentic Pekuro cap inside and out. It's just that the side lining has lost the characteristic pleats associated with this maker. The question is why and was the paper put there to hide the reason?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X