Hitler Youth badges? blue and gold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Youth badges? blue and gold?

Can anybody help me with these, first off are they original ? Secound what are they?
    Thanks for any help i can get.
    Attached Files

the back.

the back.
    Attached Files

Comment

These HJ badges are fantasy items. There was no maker of TR period badges named Otto Hoffman.
      Edit: The really thick arms on the swaz are also a dead give away. Steer clear of all but the red and white colored badges.

Comment

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help.This site is a real must for a collector.
        Thanks again.

Comment

remember also even the red badge with the maker otto hoffmann is fake

Comment

I bought a Hoffman blue badge as a repro for $40, as a curiosity a number of years ago. I know that the name Hoffman is not registered historically, but the fact remains, that my example is consistent in manufacture, materials and assembly to period originals. Repros are rarely of thrid reich quality, this is a given. Therefore, i would ask for some evidence that these are reproductions, other than the fact that Hoffman does not appear as a maker of badges. Guys, how about some facts, not conclusions. Please tell me why?

Comment

There are lot of photos of good badges in this article here, compare them to the one shown in the thread and you will see the differences. Look at the thick swaz on the ones marked Hoffman. Also note how the enamel is sort of what I would call puffy, not filled and polished flush like period badges. Legit HJ member diamonds are cheap enough and plentiful.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=209908

There is no regulation anywhere that I have seen regarding these "colored" HJ badges. If someone can show one please post it.

Comment

the hoffmann badge started showing up as repros years ago in every colour you can imagine,they where then sold as repros but over the yrs more and more are being pushed as originals, the only ggod hj members badge is a red one any of the other colours are pure fantasy, and as stated by drain if you look closely the otto badges are not up to third reich standard

Comment

strangely there does seem to be a market of its own for collecting these multicoloured fantasy items !

Comment

Originally posted by Terry OToole View Post
                    strangely there does seem to be a market of its own for collecting these multicoloured fantasy items !

It's even stranger if you see to what kind of discussions these coloured badges can lead on German Speaking forums.

Regards, Theo
                    (Wim Vangossum)
                    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

It's odd, to me anyway, that people would accept multiple colors of this HJ pin. If you were to show something like a RAD, Fraunschaft, NSDAP, DAF, or similar organisation pin in an odd color it would be probably be dismissed straight away. Why would HJ be the only organisation to have these multi colored badges? Just does not make sense to me.

Comment

Is still there people questioning if non red and white HJ badges are originals or fakes???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X