No announcement yet.

Nuremberg Desk Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i"m not sure all were silver-plated ,some were "washed",either silver or in some cases gold ...

Comment

HI Mrec27777,
      Yes you are right, most of the ones I have seen have been silver plated, but there have been a couple with a Gold wash and a couple with a Silver wash that I have seen. The point I was making is that I have never seen an 'Aluminium' version of these two eagles,
      Best Regards,
      Michael

Comment

I've not seen one in gold wash - could someone post photos?

Mil

Comment

Hi Mil,
          I can't tell from these photos if they have the 'Gold' wash or a 'Bronze' wash,
          Best Regards,
          Michael
          Attached Files

Comment

micheal ,i have an HB marked eagle similar to the gold one on the left ...the base is different though ..it appears to have been attached from the back of base ...
            ...EC

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting the photos of the gold wash eagles.

Mil

Comment

Hi mrec27777,

Regarding your question previously
                micheal ,i have an HB marked eagle similar to the gold one on the left ...the base is different though ..it appears to have been attached from the back of base ...
                ...EC
                Yes, there are no problem with this eagle of yours with the two or four holes at the back originality wise. These 'HB' eagle variants were designed to mount onto wooden plaques and are seen quite often (about half the time gold or bronze plated and the othe other half siver plated), See this link below of one of these original 'HB' flat back 'wall or plaque mount' eagles currently for sale. If yours is like this one, rest easy- it is original

http://www.militaryantiques.co.uk/sh...&jump=10&sess=

Best Regards,
                Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mloppkit View Post
                  Hi mrec27777,

Regarding your question previously

Yes, there are no problem with this eagle of yours with the two or four holes at the back originality wise. These 'HB' eagle variants were designed to mount onto wooden plaques and are seen quite often (about half the time gold or bronze plated and the othe other half siver plated), See this link below of one of these original 'HB' flat back 'wall or plaque mount' eagles currently for sale. If yours is like this one, rest easy- it is original

http://www.militaryantiques.co.uk/sh...&jump=10&sess=

Best Regards,
                  Michael
                  Micheal ,thanks for the info yes, mine is like the one in that link ,except gold it"s gold washed ...i have it affixed to a newer wooden plaque ,and,it looks neat!!! i just wonder if anyone has one of these ,on original mount ,and ,or period pics ??again ,thanks a lot ...EC

Comment

What about the solid zinc variations with no maker marks? Highly detailed and I've only seen two others. One in a mueseum and one for sale online. WRF said people believe these are also period.

Comment

Comment

Best detail I've seen...
                        Last edited by xtruckerx; 11-14-2015, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X