X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes very curious!

Comment

Hello all,
      Thank you for your comments. Jareth no signs of any shoulder boards and the white label is only in the tunic. Exact same signature in the pants though. In person the uniform looks well used and well washed. My thoughts on the patches and field added belt and belt loops is perhaps being an enginer his job required him to be on his knees a lot. The fact that the pants were not replaced might be that late in the war he may have been cut off from any supplies and had to make due with what they had. And these came out of Australia so were probably captured rather than brought home after the war from Japan. Just my thoughts.
      Larry
      Last edited by birdman; 05-05-2009, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Jareth,I forgot to to tell you,yes the other rear pocket was removed. Perhaps to use for patches?
        Larry

Comment

All,

I am new to this forum, however, I have been collecting Japanese Navy militaria for over 20 years. I have talked to many Japanese navy veterans and have gained a vast amount of information through their experiences.
          Many people think that any green naval uniform equates to NLF. In reality, by late 1944 to 1945 most all naval personnel wore the green uniform (type III).
          Officer uniforms were always private purchase through specialty tailors that mostly made uniforms for the military. The quality, style and cut of the uniform mostly depended on what the officer could afford and who they went to. I have seen some very good quality uniforms to extremely rough cut uniforms.
          One veteran told me that near the end of the war, most everybody in the navy wore the green uniform on ships, shore and in combat zones as well. After the war, veterans wore what they had. (mostly their uniforms minus rank or insignia) until they fell apart. I would attach pictures of some examples but am not able to.
          I hope this info helps!
          It looks like this individual was an engineering officer (Lieutenant junior grade) that, after the war, stored his tunic, but wore his uniform pants until they fell apart. (just my humble opinion)

Comment

Hello Kaigun_Sho-sa,
            One thing i would like to note about the uniform is except for the patches on the pants the tunic and the pants are both in very nice condition and they both show equal wear and use. Thanks for your input.
            Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Kaigun_Sho-sa View Post
              All,

I am new to this forum, however, I have been collecting Japanese Navy militaria for over 20 years. I have talked to many Japanese navy veterans and have gained a vast amount of information through their experiences.
              Many people think that any green naval uniform equates to NLF. In reality, by late 1944 to 1945 most all naval personnel wore the green uniform (type III).
              Officer uniforms were always private purchase through specialty tailors that mostly made uniforms for the military. The quality, style and cut of the uniform mostly depended on what the officer could afford and who they went to. I have seen some very good quality uniforms to extremely rough cut uniforms.
              One veteran told me that near the end of the war, most everybody in the navy wore the green uniform on ships, shore and in combat zones as well. After the war, veterans wore what they had. (mostly their uniforms minus rank or insignia) until they fell apart. I would attach pictures of some examples but am not able to.
              I hope this info helps!
              It looks like this individual was an engineering officer (Lieutenant junior grade) that, after the war, stored his tunic, but wore his uniform pants until they fell apart. (just my humble opinion)
              I think your evaluation would be correct if the tag did not say 1937. After all the tunic pictured is not a late pattern 4 button. The move to the green uniform for all IJN personal was years away at that point. The fact that it is green, the construction, and so early leaves the door open for use by the SNLF or attached units. The pants named to the same man are unique but SNLF style none the less. We will never really know but it does stand a very good chance and must be considered. More info will come out about this set soon. On another note did you happen to record any of your conversations with the Japanese vets? That would be pretty neat as this kind of info is scarce. At any rate welcome to the forum. If you need pics posted somebody here will do it for you.
              Scott

Comment

Hello all,

I am Japanese NLF collector.
                Mr Larry this jacket neme is 陸戦事業服.(rikusen jigyoufuku)
                I don't understand what is say English.
                It was made of when 1942 on November used of battle and office worker.
                It was change form three buttons on a jacket to five buttons and take of the retainer of bayonet.(剣留)
                I teach you regular officer NLF jacket point.
                1. material is Wool serge.
                (NCO & Private types are cotton. )
                2.Left side an inside pocket.
                3.Offecers jacket is no retainer of bayonet.(剣留)
                (It doesn't contain the type before 1940.)
                Attached Files

Comment

Osamu Inoue
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X