Non Regulation Waffenrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non Regulation Waffenrock

I've been trying to collect any period photos i find of waffenrock with non-regulation oddities.
    I'd thought i post what i have found so far.

Maybe people would like to add to this thread, of they have odd looking waffenrock in period photos.

First up:

Notice the wrong type collar tabs, feldgrau shoulder straps, and the eagle. Also looks like the buttons have been replaced with matte ones.
    Attached Files

Pic 2:

Wrong collar tabs, and again Feldgrau shoulder boards.
    Attached Files

Comment

pic3:

Wrong collar tabs again.

Note nice NCO school shoulder boards(which are correct).
      Attached Files

Comment

Pic 4:

Wrong collar tabs, Feldgrau shoulder straps, and replaced feldgrau collar. Buttons have also been replaced.
        Attached Files

Comment

pic 5:

Not such an odd waffenrock, more of an odd wearer! This guy looks very old, maybe volkstrum?
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice pictures, I do not think they are non-regulation waffenrocks but rather attempts to follow the regulations to convert issue waffenrocks for field and service dress later in the War. Note all the piping has been removed. I have seen examples of tunics like this in hand with subdued field insignia and no pockets.

I suspect the last image is a soldier's father or male relative.

Comment

Thanks for the input John.

Interesting to see how collectors would react to these tuncs if found for sale.

Comment

They are following regulations-EM and NCO modified waffenrocks were only to have lower slit pockets, no breast pockets (only officer conversions) worn with the field insignia. The examples you posted are "textbook" including #4 which also follows regulations that if the collar was to be replaced it could only be modified with a field grey collar. These show up once and awhile but most people do not know what they are or think they have been restored incorrectly.

Comment

Thanks for that information....you learn something everyday!

Hope people still like the pictures!

Comment

Those are great pictures of modified rocks, these are missing from most reference books. This is very helpful for colelctors to see. Thanks!

Comment

Very interesting photos, thanks for posting. I have seen a few converted over the years...

Comment

These threads always gain my attention.
                        Thanks for posting.

Comment

Picture 3

I think it is possible that the soldier in picture #3 belongs to:

Heeres-Unteroffizierschule für Panzerschützen Eisenach.

Comment

Thanks for that info Schulterklappen. I have a Panzer waffenrock with NCO school shoulder boards, with an 'S', cant remember off hand which school this is.

Comment

Found this interesting thread looking around: I want to add a picture of a gbj wearing a converted waffenrock with replaced feldgrau collar and boards

Gustavo
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X