Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown U-Boot Abzeichen

Hello Fellows,

I would like to show you this "strange" U-Boot Abzeichen. I am all but certain about its origin (vet family), but I am somewhat surprised about the strange design of the wings of the eagle. You can see in fact five "steps" on the wings instead of the normal four.

I have seen a similar badge in the book "Die Kriegsabzeichen der Kriegsmarine" from Sascha Weber and Gerhard Suova, on page 170. Unfortunetely the producer is unknown.

The shown badge is in Zinc and in an "unworn" condition. I would really appreciate any supplementary information from U-Boot or Kriegsmarine collectors about this special badge (perhaps producer ? )

Sorry: the pictures are perhaps not the best...

Comment

Last picture:

Comment

Any opinion ?

Comment

Hi Legrand,

As you say, the maker is unknown. Sylistically, my suspicion is a Lüdenscheid maker, based on an eagle resembling GWL U-Boat, hardware resembling the F&Br and S&L U-Boats and the cannon cutout resembling Deumer zinc badges.

There's also a hollow version of this badge. Nothing else definitive is know about them.

Best regards,
          ---Norm

Comment

The images need to be much better, especially of the eagle. Flash off, macro on, natural light, steady platform.

Then repost the shots.

Maybe we can help after that.

Comment

Dear Norm,

thanks for your help

Dear John,

I try to make better pictures and to post again.

Best Regards,

Alex

Comment

I tried now to make some pictures outside, under the cloudy german sky. Hope this is useful.

Comment

Other...

Comment

And the last...

Please tell me if you need other views... I try to do my best...

Comment

Are the pictures not good enough ? Any info ?

Comment

No opinion ?

Comment

Hi Legrand,

It's not really a 2nd opionion, but my first opinion stands.

Unknown maker, probably Lüdenscheid-made in my view, solid zinc version in contrast to the earlier hollow tombak version.

Here's an example of one that was worn on the KM leather jacket in this thread.

Best regards,
                          ---Norm

Comment

Hi

I like what i see and this is offcourse a original badge
                            Its a good looking bagde
                            But i dont know about the maker

Andy

Comment

Dear Norm,

thanks again for your thread and especially the link to the thread with the leather jacket (amazing). It seems actually that the badge on this thread is really near to mine.

Dear Andy,

thanks also for your opinion !

Perhaps in the future there will be possible to define definitively which company has produced this badge !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X