Artillery Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artillery Visor

Got this the other day. Made by Albert Lammerer of Augsburg. Unit marked 4/ GAR 79 to which I think is for the 1. Gebirges Div 79 Artillery Regiment.
    Stan
    Attached Files

more pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

Hallo bertastan

In my opinion this visor needs a close inspection:

- I see a double half-moon stirndruckfrei system

- if the number is 1419757 we have to refer to the frischluft device of HPC. Please, can you check if there are some ventilation holes under the wreath and cockade?

best regards

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have been told that the visor (Schirm) is post war and here is a picture of the ventilation holes.
        Stan
        Attached Files
        Last edited by bertastan; 06-10-2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Hallo bertastan

Albert Lammerer is a confirmed mutzenmachermeister of Augsburg, Ulmerstr. 41.

Now, we are sure that the sweatshield matches the visor's body and the sweatband

So, it remains to clarify the strangeness of the double stirndruckfrei system.

Probably, the only way is to check carefully the stitchings of the black one.

Comment

Thanks again. What should I look for in the stitching of the stirndruck frei.
            Stan

Comment

For example, you can check if the seams are done differently, with regards to the types of wire used, their aging and to the stitching's techniques. In this case, one might think that one of the half-moon devices has been applied, in order to sew the visor and the sweatband, during a recent restoration.

Comment

Thanks. I'll check it out
                Stan

Comment

The peak has been replaced. Shame.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X