At last! An L/10 !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last! An L/10 !!

Thanks to StefanK, I have finally added a long sought after L/10 to my EK1 collection

Nick
    Attached Files

Collection so far
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice to see you got another cross you have been looking for Nick.
      That's quite a collection of ek1 and Spange mate.

regards John

Comment

Nice collection

Comment

Beautiful collection

Comment

Thanks guys

Nick

Comment

rusted but a Deschler is a Deschler, always nice, very good shot Nick

Comment

So happy to see that you like your new addition

Comment

The Iron's Hot

Nice collection you got going. Congrats on acquiring another member to your ever growing family.

Comment

Congratulations on the find.

So.....for the few of us that are ignorant of the L/10 that are wondering ,....what is the story on the L/10? Is it a company that just didn't make many IC's or what ? can you post the close up of the MM? The pin has a different shape than ANY I have ever seen . Is that pin shape typical of the L/10 and is there anyone else that also has any L/10s that can add photos for comparison to see if there were more than one style mark or are marked in different places for example like below the hook ? Thanks....I think it's got a lot of personality and has that been in combat look.

Just looked , and heres a thread withttp://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25902&highlight=L%2F10+iron+cross h one : The mark on your new one kinda almost looks like L/D0.??

I can't pull any punches , but the other wierd thing about this one being objective about it for education purposes, is to point out, and mention that it seems wierd how the left arm and right look like normal patina , and where the hinge and hook are has some kind of grey paint , But I suppose it wouldn't be possible to entertain the possibility it may have had the hinge re soldered , and then used some paint to cover up the repair? Also fingerprints where there are bare spots, like they didn't let it dry before they picked it up, and when they did it removed some of the chemicalwith the fingerprint, as how can a tarnished badge like this have fingerprints that have bare spots if the patina is really 70 years old? (don't mean to rain on the parade, but the obvious cannot be ignored when considering things as they are, as things like this make or break badges , and close scrutiny must always be done when spending so much money on a badge, and if this is true not only effects the value but makes it worth 1/2 what an untouched badge will bring , regardless how bad soeone wants one.) There are also chemicals that can be purchased specificly to make silver dark from companys that sell silver findings etc online(indians use it when maing jewelry in AZ.). I dont expect a reply,as I'm sure my observations may not be taken well, but , this cross has been fooled with IMO and other collectors that are also skeptical the more they look at it who won't say what they are thinking must be noted to be fair and judge it for its merits..

It would be interesting to see other L/10s and see how the pin dimentions look in comparison as to me the pins is similar to the one in the thread I posted above, but to me would be very easy to re fabicate if missing by just replacing the pin in the hinge with another pin, and there would be no trouble adding marks to anything these days . Why also, would the pin be all dark ,as usually the pins have wear marks that do not oxidize where the badge rides on the loops stiched to the uniform.? Most pins dont oxidise like that at all as they are not silver ?
                    Last edited by juoneen; 10-03-2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

That's a very nice cross Nick, indeed quite a hard one to get.
                      Love the collection keep us updated.
                      Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                        So.....for the few of us that are ignorant of the L/10 that are wondering ,....what is the story on the L/10? Is it a company that just didn't make many IC's or what ?...
                        L/10 is the LDO code for Deschler, a well known maker of EKI and EKII.

Regards,
                        Stu

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                          ...Is that pin shape typical of the L/10 and is there anyone else that also has any L/10s that can add photos for comparison...
                          Here's one. It has the PKZ mark (1) but a Deschler all the same.

Regards,
                          Stu
                          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting observation . Can't tell ... could the L/10 been struck twice or over a small 1 maybe ??

Douglas

Comment

It actually looks like L/D0 doesn't it. The different colour grey around the soldering points is interesting too, but the fingerprints could easily have been part of the original patina. The person handing out the award or the soldier who received it could easily have had "battle front hands" with any amount of substances on them that would have left their mark as the medal aged. It would be great to know the story behind this one.

Congrats on finally getting hold of an example Woolgar

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X