Salty KM tropical M41's from Afrika or Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salty KM tropical M41's from Afrika or Italy

We see salty WH tropical M40's posted on this forum and the odd LW tropical M41 but how often do we see salty KM tropical M41's ????

I recently posted the following image on another thread and have had quite a few emails about it so I asked ebony to post it again here (see post number 2).

Why, because one of these caps came from Tobruk and not many collectors of caps seem to realise just how many KM personal were on the ground in Afrika. These KM M41's are often over looked.

So why not start a thread and show our salty examples. If you do not have an Afrika one then lets see your one from Italy or the south of France or any where else in the mediterranean.

These caps where there and in the case of post number 2, so was the "Afrika" boat shield.
    Last edited by 90th Light; 06-24-2011, 07:30 AM.

one from Tobruk
    Attached Files

Comment

You can see a photo in "Die Kriegsmarine Uniforms & Traditions" by Angolia & Schlicht, volume 3, Bender 1993 page 413.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok try this way up "Crest of the 6 R.Flottilla "Afrika"
        Attached Files

Comment

Caps look great Chris and that boat shield is superb.

Regards,

Jerry

Comment

I will be adding some more images of the caps soon and have asked a couple of other collectors if I can post images of their KM trop M41's which are definite vet bring backs from Afrika.

For those who are interested, boats of the 6 R.Flottilla "Afrika" were lying sunk on their side in Tobruk harbour. When I got these crests, I was told by the guy I bought them off that a couple of Kiwi soldiers rowed out and removed them from the exposed side of each sunken boat. I was lucky to get more than one off him,

Also the KM forces were fighting on the ground in harbours like Tobruk, Afrika or the coast of Italy,

Chris
            Last edited by 90th Light; 06-24-2011, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
              Caps look great Chris and that boat shield is superb.

Regards,

Jerry
              Thanks Jerry,

I thought it was a good way to introduce such a thread and firmly establish the "beyond doubt" Afrika connection.

Here hoping others will post too,

Chris

Comment

VERY interesting, looking forward to seeing more.

Comment

Chris,

very cool boat crests! I would love to have one of those in my collection! Very nice kriegs caps as well. Matt

Comment

Have posted it before fore 90th Light but seemingly they are not tired of seeing
                    Attached Files

Comment

almost "bone white", just love the Heer M40's like this
                      Attached Files

Comment

This one has the same cockade as those found on 1942 dated WH trop caps
                        Attached Files

Comment

nice and salty caps! Matt

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                            nice and salty caps! Matt
                            Many thanks Matt (and Mike Davis),

will post some more as soon as we get some more images taken,

Chris

Comment

Here is my used KM tropical cap. Story was that this came from a US vet in Italy.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X