Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever see one of these?

http://www.germanwarbooty.com/cloth%20c1910.htm

Never seen anything like it... Image repeated here in case the links dies!
    The one with the Italian tricolor shield on gray back ground is the only war time one I trust (image from my collection) in additition to the never used black Dachau Fasces shield which is available everywhere. Vets brought those back in large quantities!
    Attached Files

Comment

"Better" image of my Italia shield...
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is a photo an Italian Tri color worn by Org Todt Italien but the colors look vertical to me

Taken from an Italian Forum
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Dennis S; 05-22-2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

closeup I tried to clear it up a bit
          Attached Files

Comment

The guy to the right
            Attached Files

Comment

Neat images, too bad quality is not that good. A vertical Italian tri-color shield makes much more sence (like the French one)...
              Wonder why the in below illustration) was designed horizontally?

It show both "officially recognize" designs (clearly identified for SS use!) in the famous 1945 dated SS insignia map!
              but I agree no pictures have been uncovered shwowing either insignia in wear by Italian SS troops.
              The black fasces shield never left the Dachau inventories for some reason...
              and per this illustration the horizontal tri-color "Italia" design was the officially sanctioned one...
              Attached Files

Comment

Quote NickG: 'A vertical Italian tri-color shield makes much more sence (like the French one)...'

Why is that, the spanish shields are also horizontally so it isn't that strange the Italian could be the same..
                If you even look closer, the Walloniën and French shield (and Russian don't know there on top of this picture) are the only vertical onces all the rest are horizontally or side ways!
                Don't know much about these shield but just noticed it

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                  Neat images, too bad quality is not that good. A vertical Italian tri-color shield makes much more sence (like the French one)...
                  Wonder why the in below illustration) was designed horizontally?

It show both "officially recognize" designs (clearly identified for SS use!) in the famous 1945 dated SS insignia map!
                  but I agree no pictures have been uncovered shwowing either insignia in wear by Italian SS troops.
                  The black fasces shield never left the Dachau inventories for some reason...
                  and per this illustration the horizontal tri-color "Italia" design was the officially sanctioned one...

Are those maps legit. I thought the one you show is an embellished from an original?

Rene or anybody with some info might shed some light.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
                    Are those maps legit. I thought the one you show is an embellished from an original?

Rene or anybody with some info might shed some light.
                    Dennis you are right...it is a different version of it...Indeed embellished...
                    Here's the 1945 version! My mistake!

It indeed only shows the Dachau version with Fasces....(but also with added country name)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 05-23-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

So the Dachau one was never used correct? Remained at Dachau...
                      This is not an accurate representation than...

A web image that I saved a while back...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys-

I am the one selling the shield in question....a friend got two strips of two (one on top of the other in each strip). They came in an auction with two bevo FLANDERN shields also in a strip of two....I bought a strip of two "ITALIEN" strips from him and cut it in half to sell each individually...I gave a lot for the strip...I do not know what he paid for the lot of items and forgot what else was with the bevo and printed shields, but it was a vet lot in an auction and that is all that I know. The Italien Shields are on the same type of material that you will find the other printed shields on (IE the same cotton)...all comments welcome.

All the best,

John

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
                          Hi Guys-

I am the one selling the shield in question....a friend got two strips of two (one on top of the other in each strip). They came in an auction with two bevo FLANDERN shields also in a strip of two....I bought a strip of two "ITALIEN" strips from him and cut it in half to sell each individually...I gave a lot for the strip...I do not know what he paid for the lot of items and forgot what else was with the bevo and printed shields, but it was a vet lot in an auction and that is all that I know. The Italien Shields are on the same type of material that you will find the other printed shields on (IE the same cotton)...all comments welcome.

All the best,

John
                          Its obviously German made ("Italien" spelled in German) and no doubt one of those many colorful "landernschilden" that were made
                          by an enterprizing company during the war, but one of those designs that were never sanctioned, never issued. (Lithuania would be another example)
                          Last edited by NickG; 05-23-2010, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Interesting thread guys!
                            Btw nick, you know you can use normal tekst in paint?

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                              So the Dachau one was never used correct? Remained at Dachau...
                              This is not an accurate representation than...

A web image that I saved a while back...

Not that we know of Nick. No pics of ever in use.

That photo is from old NT Global Trading a seller of a plethora of dubious items.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X