LAH owner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAH owner?

Hi dears, with this tunic I keep its original belt with buckle (both with stamps), its greatcoat and a cigarettes-box with stamp of LAH.
    I post some pictures of this officier tunic, but in this years I was not able to understand the name of the owner.
    Looks and write what do you think and if you are able to understand the name...
    Thanks guys!

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
    - THE SS TK RING
    - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
    - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
    - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

hell, who knows,,,,looks like herr,?????? heinz , surname first with christian name last, dated feb 43 . cant comment on the jacket though

Comment

....the date is 42 IMO...
      Yes, Herr..... maybe Steiner, that was a common name in German... but i'm not sure...
      I'll post some more pictures if I'll have time!!!

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

mmmm yeah ,could be right with steiner, a lot of ideas will be posted im sure, you do know im going to be looking at this all weekend now dont you.i love this sort of thread, no pun intended still 43 though

Comment

Hi

I think the surname could be Steinert, but it is more likely to be Steiner.

Now the first name is a challenge. The first letter could be an 'A' or an 'M', or something else

Raymond

Comment

I don't like the label. I have a tunic from Holter's and it has an Arial-type font, not the type you show. Mine is dated to the owner in 1942. Also the sewing on the bottom of the label looks like it may have been used before; may not be original to this tunic. That has been done before.

Bob

Comment

Antony, can you please show more pictures of this tunic?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
                I don't like the label.
                And to be honest I don't like the eagle.

Francesco

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
                  I don't like the label. I have a tunic from Holter's and it has an Arial-type font, not the type you show. Mine is dated to the owner in 1942. Also the sewing on the bottom of the label looks like it may have been used before; may not be original to this tunic. That has been done before.

Bob
                  Here's another Holters label (the famous Berlin tailor) for comparison (bottom thread).
                  Note not only an entirely different font is used but also a different address... but I guess that's possible... the bottom thread states that a total of at least 8 different variations of Holters nametags exist...tricky!!!
                  A picture of the entire piece would be helpfull!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=holters
                  Last edited by NickG; 01-05-2008, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Hi

This was the thought I had last night. It is not uncommon for fakers to add spurious names to fake tunics and wonder if the tunic had been authenticated, as I only looked at the label.

I had a check through a list of Steiners and was struggling to find some whose first name resembled the one shown.

Raymond

Comment

Hi dears, I can think all what you said, but you have to think that all this tunic was a private purchase, a faker is difficult that can use a rigid support marked in cellulose that it's sooooo much hard to find! However you weren't in the place wher I have taken this tunic with his greatcoat, his belt and bukle and a lot of other items...
                      Holster in Berlin did a lot of label... Doubt is a correct way, but doubt too much with no evidence i think can be bad.
                      I put other pictures, so I think you can see better all.
                      About the cuff title?
                      about the eagle?? Is hand made! of silver on wool.
                      I say no more words, I let you look!
                      Thank you!

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

The name however is not Steiner
                        The "i" don't have dot and the last two letters are not E and R...
                        Try again...

On first name there's a dot after the word, so I think that can be smaller than the original, for example Mr. Kobudsinski Erich (soldier of LSSAH) became Kobuds. Erich
                        or Meixnier Siegfried became Meixnier Sieg.
                        etc etc... And we all know that understand some names it's a har work..
                        I can post some names that are really impossible to understand!!! But not for this reason are not good!!!

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                        - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

The rank tab looks machine sewn and it was upgraded after it was attached. I think that is a slightly good sign as a faker would upgrade it before applying to the collar and many collectors will spaz at the later applied 1stLT strip...no need for a faker to bring that on himself.

Comment

dont forget im phil, but i see thick runes???

Comment

I think additional pics (close up)are needed like collar tabs,LAH Cyphers and sleeve eagle.Also the tunic cloth looks a bit strange.........maybe a pic taked with sun light can be help.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X