u boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u boat

heres a u boat im sure its a copy as its hollow backed just wanted to be sure before i junk it opinions please
    regards gaz
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Gaz you are right......it is a copy...

Comment

thanks peter

regards gaz

Comment

Hi Gaz have too agree not good.All the best

Comment

That is an interesting looking badge but I do not think they made these in hollow-back...not sure if WW1 though can be okay as a hollowback.

Comment

Hi John some U-Boat awards (although very rare) were hollow backed and the debate on these being original still rages today depending what side of the fence you sit on. All the best

Comment

Originally posted by mrg
                Hi John some U-Boat awards (although very rare) were hollow backed and the debate on these being original still rages today depending what side of the fence you sit on. All the best
                Hi MRG...that is interesting because to be honest the U-boat badge pictured does not have a bad look to it..IE the pin and hinge and catch assembly do look like something you would find from the period...I am sure one of the experts out there could tell what pattern the design of the badge imitates. John

Comment

Hi John if i remember rightly the quality on these was very good, the hinge and catch on the one shown does not look good, nor does the eagle. I am sure weiszt and Detlev have had the occassional one and they have been dicussed here before. Im sure someone out there must have some pics pics? All the best

Comment

hi

the pics were taken just with the scanner the eagle is quite detailed in the flesh i would willingly send it to someone to verify if it is or i cant get better pics
                    regards gaz

Comment

Hi gaz when i get home i will look through my files, i might have a fake example with the suspected real version alongside cant promise anything thou. Thought someone else may have helped out with the pics. All the best

Just found this on quick search but not being a computer wiz cant give you the direct site.
                      Type in u-boat (in search) go to page 14 tittled hollow backed u-boat badge by Andy Berentsen. But i think you will have to accept thats its a fake or a questionable piece at that. All the best
                      Last edited by mrg; 05-05-2005, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Well it doesnt really imitate any makers design as far as I can tell.
                        As to originality, I think MRG is right, either you believe in hollow UBoot badges or you donĀ“t.
                        The really only fitting comment is "not for my collection"

Skip
                        LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X