Hermann Meyer cap -- help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermann Meyer cap -- help needed

A friend of mine just sent me these pics of a Meyer cap that he is looking at in a collection that is being dissolved. Would you agree that he better passes on this or is it a good one? I've never handled one of these or studied their construction or stamps.

Please excuse the awful quality of the pics...

Kurt
    Attached Files

Hi Kurt, I would tell you friend to pass on that one. I could be wrong, but it does not look like a good one to me.

John

Comment

this is a Fritz Mueller with another logo at the top. for me it's very original, the factory has existed in the Sudetenland, as already written, I found I had one of the first flea market about 40 years ago, but other collectors of the Forum are convinced that they are false, but let everyone think what he wants, greetings sergio

under the photo of the factory
      Attached Files

Comment

I like this cap but i think its better to wait for more opinions.

Cheers Andi

Comment

Kurt,

Can you get clear close ups of the insignia?

Richard

Comment

My vote is PASS. Insignia looks embroidered instead of bevo; interior construction is not quite right IMO, & I'd expect a RB# for this late style Meyer. It reminds me of those made by SM Wholesale. Better pics could certainly provide concrete details for the cap experts to make the final call on this one. I hope I'm wrong, for the 1st time ever in my life!

Comment

One more thing:

Sergio,

Your Meyer was Id'd as bad in the pinned Meyer thread at the top of the Headgear section & more recently by myself & Mr. Hodgin in another thread. Unlike the one offered for opinions in this thread, which is void of the ridiculous NSDAP/ political eagle stampings found in yours (which proves it was made by SM Wholesale & sold excluzively thru Traders of the Lost Surplus), PLEASE accept the fact that yours will NEVER be deemed as an accepted original- it is not.

Sorry & I truly wish you all the best!

Comment

I would pass on that cap as well.
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks gents for your help -- my friend will pass on it & if he should manage to get better pics, I'll post them.

Kurt

Comment

Kurt,

O.K. thanks...I would pass too if based solely on these photos.

Richard

Comment

Hermann Meyer Cap -- help needed

I agree with Willi.

Best regards,
                      Bill

Comment

Originally posted by ferdinandmax View Post
                        this is a Fritz Mueller with another logo at the top.
                        Indeed, two manufacturer stamps, neither which is legitimate. Logic lesson: a period photo of a factory does not make a fake ink stamp supposedly representing that factory any less fake.

The hat must be twice as genuine with two makers! The last sentence is pure sarcasm for those in doubt.......

And yes, decent photos would clearly show the hat for what it is, a reproduction. This is precisely why the seller's photos are not clear.
                        Last edited by John Hodgin; 01-30-2012, 09:22 AM.
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X