12th SS cuff

is this cuff title real or fake??
    thanks
    chris
    Attached Files

Can you show the back?

Comment

Hi Chris

Can you provide better pictures? Close up shots of the front and back so people can see the threading. I can only say from the picture provided that it looks very new and somewhat stiff.

Best Regards and Welcome to the forum!

Mike

Comment

back bevo label
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, it's no good. the 12SS cufftitle is a bevo-like cuff title, the back should be black ...hope my reply made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Gesetz
            Sorry, it's no good. the 12SS cufftitle is a bevo-like cuff title, the back should be black ...hope my reply made sense.
            No Gesetz I am sorry but The history of the 12th SS Panzer Division "Hitler Youth" 1943-1945 by Craig Luther says that a few amount were made in BeVO for the 12th SS. RZM were also discontinued in 1943 weren't they? also here is a better pic of the back.
            Attached Files

Comment

Chris,
              Here is another thread with the original "bevo like" title Gesetz is talking about.
              There are no known original "bevo" HJ titles. The style of the repro you posted is also made in other titles. The easiest way to see that it is fake, is that the edging thread on the back looks like "~~~~~~" where on originals it is like "........" (see the original GvB currently on estand).
              Regards,
              Fred
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...gend+cufftitle

Comment

i see what your talking about thanks alot.
                chris

Comment

Chris,see also the low crossbar on the 'H' as seen on the fake 'Hohenstaufen' cufftitles.

Cheers,Ian.

Comment

I just would like to add my 2 penny worth, I am in agreement with the above posters this is a fake band
                    cheers,
                    Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X