Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Stotz RK-EL LW holder

Hello!
    I would like to share the information and to learn from you dear colleagues the additional information about Max Stotz. I have its some awards including a knight cross. But not everything, if who or has an additional information or awards, urkunde paper or foto on this pilot, I will be glad to hear and probably to buy for the reasonable price.
    So:
    Maximillian Stotz - was born on February, 13th, 1912 in a place of Mannsvort (Mannsworth), near to Vienna.
    In 1942-43 it became one of the most productive pilots JG54.
    Since 1935 it served at first in the Austrian army, and then has been translated in aircraft and has had training flight preparation.
    After Austria on April, 1st, 1938 in airdrome Vienna-Aspern (Wien-Aspem) on the basis of six Austrian destructive escadra, Fiats CR.32 equipped with biplanes, has been generated I./JG138 under command gauptman Vilfrida a background Müller-Rintsburga (Wilfried von Mbller-Rienzburg), and corporal Shtotts has been included in structure 3./JG138.
    On November, 1st 1938г. I./JG138 has been renamed in I./JG 134 which in turn on May, 1st, 1939 to a floor-chila a designation 1./JG76, and according to Stotz now served in 3./JG76.
    Corporal Stotz has gained the first victory on November, 7th, 1939, having brought down around Felklingepa located in 12 km severo-to the west of Saarbruecken, the French scout of "Potez-63". Then in 1940-41 it has brought down 15 more English planes.
    After the beginning of operations on East front the number of its victories began to grow quickly though victories were given to it not too simply. Within June, 30th bombers ДБ-3 and СБ from 1МТА1Г, 57БАП and 73БАП, a part 8 WOMEN ' Air Forces БФ, tried to destroy bridges around Daugavpils on which on east coast of Daugava parts of German group of armies "North" were forwarded twice. In the first touch participated about hundred planes, and in the second - about forty. Some pontoon bridges have been destroyed, however it couldn't prevent to force to German parts Daugava.
    In both cases bombers flied without any destructive cover and consequently during the day pilots JG54 have brought down 65 ДБ-3 and СБ. Three Soviet bombers have made fiery crash. At first second lieutenant Peter Igashov from 1МТАП has directed burning ДБ-3 to the German cars which have accumulated on highway. Then the same was made by two СБ from 73БАП which were piloted by lieutenant Alexey Gluhov and lieutenant Peter Ponomarev.
    On August, 30th JG54 has lost five fighters, including Bf-109F-2 W.Nr.8929 feldfebel Stotz who has crash-landed "on a belly" around Daugavpils. Two pilots were lost: lieutenant Henry Vashel (Heinrich Waschsel) from 9./JG54 and ober-feldfebel George Kining (Georg Kiening) from 6./JG54.
    On June, 19th, 1942 after 53 victories ober-feldfebel Shtotts has been awarded by the Knightly Cross.
    On October, 29th, 1942 he has won already the 100th victory, and on October, 30th lieutenant Shtotts has been awarded by Oak Leaves to the Knightly Cross (Mr. 137).
    Within December, 30th, 1942 during fights over lake Ilmen it has brought down at once ten Soviet samole, and on January, 26th, 1943 Shtotts has won the 150th victory. In the spring of 1943 ober-lieutenant Shtotts has been appointed by the commander 5./JG54.
    On May, 30th fighters JG54 have made some fighting departures, covering Ne-111 from KG53, atako-vavshie the Soviet ships on lake Ladoga. During the day pilots JG54 have brought down 13 Soviet planes one of which was on the account of Shtottsa which have won 171st victory. In turn the Soviet party asserted that has been brought down seven "Hejnkelej" and eleven fighters at loss of only three fighters. Actually in fight with the Soviet fighters from 32 гв. ИАП one Ne-111 has been brought down, three more bombers have received damages, and one of them then has crash-landed "on a belly". Also has been brought down Bf-109G-2 W.Nr.l0419 "H3 6./JG54, and its pilot feldfebel Johannes Fiber (Johannes Fiber) was missing.
    On August, 19th, 1943 in fight with Jak-9R Fw190А-6 W.Nr.550201 of ober-lieutenant Stotz has been brought down to the south of Vi-tebska. Stotz has had time to jump out on a parachute and has landed in the territory occupied with the Soviet armies. About its further destiny it is not known, and since then it is considered the missing person.
    In total gauptman Stotz has executed over 700 fighting departures and has gained 189 victories.

Thank you and I'm waiting yours comments!
    Regards
    Sergey
    Attached Files

Good story

Andy

Comment

yes indeed an interesting pilot and history.....Show us please the items you have.

Thanks.

martin

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Yes, here is please, excuse for a delay of pictures.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the new pictures, do you have his oakleaves and other medals as well?

Andy

Comment

Unfortunately, no. I think it the following stage.
              Therefore also has exposed for discussion in hope that anybody give a voice. There are still stocks in a family, but a lot of is sold by grandsons, to my big affliction.

Comment

very very nice.....

Congrats my friend.

martin

Comment

Thank you guys!

Comment

Nice to have someone appreciate the collection but
                    shame on the grandchildren selling their family history.

Comment

Yes, I will agree with you!
                      Somebody give me a voice?

Comment

Comment

Comment

up

Comment

Nice grouping.
                              Did Max Stotz own 2 KC's or did he not wear his KC when he died?
                              Is it the same KC as in the picture?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X