No announcement yet.

Kriegsmarine offiser visor opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would bet that the actual visor with the embroidered leaves was wartime made, but the rest is postwar. Not unusual to see wartime components on early Bundesmarine caps.

Comment

Not for me. Too many odd things together in the same cap.

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
        the eagle looks too new when compared to the wreath, the strap should have the button snap on the wearer's left side (it appears to be on backwards), and the lining on KM caps is generally (but not always) blue.
        I don't think the eagle was necessarily replaced. I have a similar looking cap wherein the eagle is celleon and the remainder is bullion. Looks a bit off today after 70 years of aging but I'm sure it didn't then,

As for the strap being backwards or the lining being not the "generally" accepted blue, I hardly think these are issues that would wave any red flags by themselves.

Rick C.
        Attached Files

Comment

True enough, Rick! That is why I started off my response with my disclaimer. Your cap is a really nice example, and I believe it has the blue interior. A gold one doesn't make it 'wrong', just a minority. Now a plastic sweatshield on the other hand would be a LARGE red flag. Just my 2 cents...

Comment

It is not the chinstrap at all; it is probably just upside down.

But, among other things, the national emblem on Derek's cap seems ill-formed and not the quality one would expect at all. This is not much of a swastika based on what I can see.

Comment

I think the maker is August Geiger.... Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                I think the maker is August Geiger.... Billbert
                You're right sir !

August GEIGER from Kiel, Danischestr. 24.
                His logo shows a floating light superimposed over three waves.

The company was in the business since 1875, but, in my personal opinion, this visor's body is postwar made.

Comment

Most interesting, but I still feel Derek's cap is a stitch-up in some form. It is not that the insignia are mismatched at all, often seen; the eagle is simply wrong, beyond question, whatever its material - among other things.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X