Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuhrerhauptquartier Cufftitle

Hi,

Does anyone have a 1st type Fuhrerhauptquartier cufftitle (wire hand emroidered-not Bevo), that I could look at? I would also appreciate a look at any fakes, if anyone has one of those as well.

I have had one in my collection for over 30 years now and I still have not seen another one to compare it with, not even a fake.

I have seen a couple of Bevo 1st types on the market and a couple of 2nd type. My gut feeling is that mine is a fake as the finish is not what one would expect for an important band. I cannot post at the moment but will endeavour to do so when I get a chance.

G

I own two. Both the same style that you mention, however, while both have been used on uniforms, one was done with snaps. There are reasons specific to this cufftitle (the FHQ) for temporoary attachment.

Here are three scnas showing obverse and reverse.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Files
    CSP

sigpic

Comment

boy....that turned out to be an awful scan, but here are the backsides. It's late at night, so allow me to try better scans tomorrow night if these do not suffice for what you are after.
      Attached Files
      CSP

sigpic

Comment

scanner settings are wierd tonight...not sure why
        Attached Files
        CSP

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Scott. Nice ones. I don't suppose anyone has the wire embroidered version to show? My example is embroidered onto a coarse cotton or raw silk type material, in what appears to be cello type thread, edged with bands of Russian braid top and bottom which appears to be metal type thread not cello. The braid does not appear to be machine sewn particularly well, and the stitching has gone off course from the centre of the braid. I live in hope that it is an original, as I have never seen a copy/fake on the market. I will hopefully post pics in a few weeks. Watch this space!!

G

Comment

Is this what you are talking about?
            Attached Files
            CSP

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X