Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch of "O Force", Agaba, Jordan, 1950's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch of "O Force", Agaba, Jordan, 1950's ?

This item appears in the current edition of Police World (magazine of the International Police Association), I've never heard of "O Force" & this illustration does'nt ring any bells, anybody know what this patch or similar would be?
    Attached Files

I've seen one in the flesh. It was printed. I think they are rare and go for around £250 if I can remember correctly!

Comment

Thanks - put me down for half a dozen............

Comment

O force Jordan

An actual example of this scarce badge. JDF is correct... its quite rare and his estiimate of 250 pounds is at the mark....if you can ever find one for sale.

Comment

O force Jordan

Again...it seems...I am still a useless bugger at uploading pictures. Ian

Comment

Email me them Ian and I will post.

readyforanything@gmail.com

Comment

Here is the badge for Ian...

"The badge is printed on some 2 inches by 2 inches of the flimsiest of silk and somewhat surprised that good examples exist at all...as removal from uniform would clearly be a delicate procedure. It is the most un-militaristic of subject matter being a white swan picked out in red, grey and black on a pale yellow top and green background."

...anyone know any specific details of this unit?

Thanks!

Attached Files

Comment

Between 1949-57 there was a British garrison in Jordan, consisting of a roulement battalion with armoured and support elements. Whilst I've never heard of O Force, this relatively small composite force seems to fit the bill.

Comment

Ta, I'll pass the info on, but I doubt the old feller will be buying one of these for as a souvenir...........

Comment

O force Jordan

All kind regards to all members...
                    but please tell a complete loser like myself as to how I can put images on to this site. When I admit to being hopeless....just please give me the easy step-by-step version. I seem to lose a vital part in the process. I am certain once I know...I can be an active contributer to this site.

Comment

PM overflowing with useful info sent.........

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X