Field made IAB follow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field made IAB follow up

A few weeks ago one of our fellow forum members posted this field made IAB for review ( http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=349588 ). I liked it so much that I made contact with it's owner and asked him if he would consider selling it, and he did, and I now own it.

Seeing that I have both seen, and owned, numerous interesting period made items from both World War's that were "field made", I was anxious to get a close up look at it. I know that there are some who don't trust such pieces but that is their perogative.

Having owned the item for a bit now I was quickly able to realize exactly what this badge had been fashioned from. When I first viewed the thread on this badge I thought it might be aluminum aircraft skin. It is not. It has actually been made of the aluminum from either a tropical canteen cup or mess kit. I have been able to deduce this from the color and type of paint found on the reverse of this badge as well as from it's thickness.

I find this very interesting and very cool and hope some of you will too.

Regards,

Chuck
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

I must have missed that thread back then. Extremely interesting piece and I also have a good feeling about it being wartime made! The green is indeed the exact same green as they used on german equipment. Nice addition to your collection Chuck
      Kind regards,
      Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Thanks for sharing more pictures and details about the IAB. It must have taken alot of effort to craft this, I know it's a bit "rough round the edges", but with limited tools available it's quite an achievement.

Mike

Comment

Chucjk,

It would go well with this hand sewn example. I can imagine proud OMA or Mama sewing this for her favorite.

Bob Hritz
          Attached Files
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Quite belivable I would agree Chuck, a nice and unusual example! They've put a lot of effort into the detail. The oak leaf finish looks quite smart with that doppled effect.

Comment

Hi Chuck

Yes, I think you nailed it

Interesting addition, not everyones cup of tea, but for the exotic collector a little gem.

congrats
              Graeme

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                Chucjk,

It would go well with this hand sewn example. I can imagine proud OMA or Mama sewing this for her favorite.

Bob Hritz
                Love it! What don't you have Bob?

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by vonStubben View Post
                  Love it! What don't you have Bob?

Chuck

A wonderful field made METAL version, like yours........

Bob Hritz
                  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

That is a very interesting piece. A lot of work sure went into making this.

-Shawn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X