Attributed EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attributed EK1

I collect Political pieces but here's a photo of my one and only EK1 L/13. The cross is jeweler engraved to Luftwaffe Ober LT. Ernst Helm who was with the 33rd Flak Regiment. He was the son of Movie actress Bridgette Helm. This cross was from a large grouping. I hope you enjoy it!
    Attached Files

engraving
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a good Meybauer! Nicely Vaulted and interesting as far as the Engraving goes, I am usually leary when looking at engraved crosses as so many are Latvian Fakes! Wonder if this was done post war? We will never know.... The fact that it was part of a group is good news.
      What else was in the grouping?
      Kevin

Comment

That is very nice! Got any pictures of the rest of this grouping?

Comment

Super Erich! I too would like to see more from the grouping.

Comment

No this piece is period engraved and you can tell by the script. The Cross came direct from the family and Helm survived the war. This is the only piece I have but all Helm's decorations were engraved by the same jeweler by the looks of the engraving.

Comment

I just want to add that the group was sold intact. Helm had 5 EK1's all engraved and I was able to purchase this one years ago.

Comment

WOW 5!! sweet. Do you know if they were made by the same maker?

Comment

Helm came from money due to his mother and seem to have one for each uniform.

Comment

verry nice one!

Comment

nice!! I like it!

Comment

Tom Johnson had the grouping direct from the family if I remember correctly. I saw it all in his shop. Herr Helm definately marked all his awards and had some nice embroidered pieces too, ie the flak badge.
                        pseudo-expert

Comment

Man that is a nice cross and I wonder where the other four are? Nice pick up Erich!
                          Kev

Comment

More believeable than engraving the cross back itself I also believe the story, and feel this is truly original to the owner.. I have been told some RK winners had their names on the back in the center section...anyone ever seen or heard of an RK marked by the owner thats original from ww2? One guy told me he had several marked crosses , but wouldnt prove to me the story was true. Im sure mr maerz might know......but might not comment, so if anyone else has any info on any RKs marked , that would be interesting to know if its true.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                              No this piece is period engraved and you can tell by the script. The Cross came direct from the family and Helm survived the war. This is the only piece I have but all Helm's decorations were engraved by the same jeweler by the looks of the engraving.

It is a beauty! no more to say. I wish i had one

Cheers, Les.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X