X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown DKIG holder....

can someone identify this DKIG holder?
    Attached Files

I am just guessing on the location: Hungary 1945?

Erich Craciun

Comment

Hello Tommy,
      this man is Oberfeldwebel Herbert Elsner of Stabskp. II./Pz.Rgt.23. I am the owner of Herr Elsner's uniform, some medals and photographs as well as some documents.

If you wish to see some more about him you will find him in this thread on another forum: http://daggers.infopop.net/2/OpenTop...1&m=1883030196

Cheers, Wade K.

Comment

very interested..

I'm proud a photo from a good soldier to have.

live Mr. Elksner?? or is he die? It is very interest.

Cheers and Thanks.

Comment

Hallo Tommy,
          yes, until recently at least herr Elsner was alive. But he was frail.

It will interest you to know that Oberfeldwebel Elsner also was awarded the Ritterkreuz on 10 April 1945 but this was too late for the award to make it into official records. I have the official wartime document from his Regts. Commander saying it was awarded as well as the EK2 converted to hang like a RK that they awarded him in the field to wear!

Elsner was a brave commander of a Panther tank.
          Mfg, Wade K.

Comment

Interesting...until you mentioned the EK II for RKT I did not click....now I wonder if he is still alive and has decided to sell everything or unfortunately has died.....I know also someone who has documents of his......I have scans of some of these.
            I will contact him and see if he wishes to add anything... he may or may not and until that time I can not say what he has or who it is.......

Regards, Ian
            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hi there,
              Elsner's stuff was sold off. I couldn't afford to buy everything unfortunately, but I own his wrap, his dummy RK (EK2 substitute) with papers, and some photos in a small album and one in a frame.

Other guys got the Wehrpass, DK, numbered tank badges (50 & 75) as well as other photos. Everything he had was sold to a German dealer about 2 years ago. I know where some pieces are, but naturally would be interested to know where the rest is.
              Here is Elsner's uniform & medals in my display room, please excuse the light smudges, it is reflection off the glass:

Cheers, Wade.

Comment

dear wade ,I have more than 100 photos from this brave soldier,so now you know where a little part is. In argentina!!!!!!!take care show us more items regards manuel

Comment

I have now his Wehrpass and will be gratefull if someone could sell me a couple of photos from this soldier.

Angel
                  Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Incredible... all from one photo.

I tell you what, let's make it a group! Wade, send me the tunic, Angel the wehrpass, the photos from Manuel, and we'll be all set
                    Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Hello Wade long time no hear ? Not the same wrap as in photo di he have any other Pz wraps when you bought this lot/
                      Cheers Jack

Comment

Why in God's name was it not all sold to ONE person? However, at least everyone now knows who has the pieces!

Rick
                        Last edited by Rick White; 05-04-2003, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Rick,

I would imagine the price altogether would count many people out!!!
                          Unfortunately at this happens, for example Wade might not collect paperwork so that went elsewhere...with that said he did say at the time

I couldn't afford to buy everything unfortunately
                          I have a group which was split 3 ways and I would have bought the other two parts, however the seller split it as the best way he thought it would sell:

1) WWI documents
                          2) WWI & II Medals
                          3) WWII documents

I ended up with the latter....he was a Jagdflieger during WWI and and a Fallschirmjäger during WWII!

Regards, Ian
                          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

I have now in the posesion of this photo, thanks Tommy, and I have noticed that the soldier at his right (our left) wear a M43 cap and a Sturmgeshütze wrapper, but without insignias other than the shoulder straps, anyone has an explanation? I wonder if this man could be an hungarian soldier.

Thanks

Angel
                            Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer View Post
                              Hello Tommy,
                              this man is Oberfeldwebel Herbert Elsner of Stabskp. II./Pz.Rgt.23. I am the owner of Herr Elsner's uniform, some medals and photographs as well as some documents.

If you wish to see some more about him you will find him in this thread on another forum: http://daggers.infopop.net/2/OpenTop...1&m=1883030196

Cheers, Wade K.
                              hi i am interested in finding out some more info about this man!! the above link does not work any more? does any one on the forum know of other links mainly looking for his biography!! if it exists
                              thank you in antisapaction

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X