Metal badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all

stab in the dark, BFS British forces schools befor BFES ????
    Ashley

Comment

Jim,

That is a QARANC collar dog by the looks, I think I can just make out, Sub cruce candide (under the white cross).

Pic # 08, bottom left badge.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Maclean
        The BFS badge may not be a military badge. The best I can come up with at the moment is the British Flute Society .
        Jim
        Could've been worse - could've been "The Bamboo Flute Society" - dead cert to be a matelot's badge then, eh?

Comment

The RNXS badge is the Royal Naval Auxiliary Service, formed from the Minewatching Service. It was disbanded in 1994.

Still working on the others.
          Should've known.....

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Sherriff
            BFS = British Frontier Service, small group of British and German civilians (ex-service) who patrolled the West / East Border amongst other things. VERY hard to find badge.
            Ever wise after the event, I was wondering is this could be the badge of an MSO type organisation - any more details please? The MSO quietly "died out" while my back was turned, like the WWI veterans before them.....

Comment

Originally posted by Adam J. Haslett
              The last badge is indeed the 6th Duke of Connaught's Royal Canadian Hussars, from Montreal, Quebec. Looks to be approx WWII period, but would have to do some checking.

Cheers,

Adam
              The cotter pin looks a bit aged, but I thought that it looked anodised - is it officers silver plate or similar?

Comment

[QUOTE=leigh kitchen] ATS - Auxhiliary Transport Corps - covered in Ade's very recent thread QUOTE]

Hi Leigh, I take it you didn't read it?

Auxiliary Territorial Service

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=48176

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by leigh kitchen
                  Could've been worse - could've been "The Bamboo Flute Society" - dead cert to be a matelot's badge then, eh?
                  I believe the army has far more 'musicians' than the Navy.

Comment

The cotter pin looks a bit aged, but I thought that it looked anodised - is it officers silver plate or similar?
                    The 6th Duke of Connaught's Royal Canadian Hussars were amalgamated with the 17th Duke of York's Royal Canadian Hussars in 1958. At this time the insignia of the regiment changed by combining aspects of the two older cap badges into one cap badge, thus, this badge has to be pre-1958 manufacture. (unless it is some type or re-strike which I highly doubt) Hard to determine the type of finish from the photo, but it does seem shinier than I would expect. Possibly plated or anodized, but I would think an actual officer's badge would have screw posts, vice cotter pins. However, I have not inspected enough of these badges to be able to comment authoritatively, and I don't have what would be the most useful book identifying these badges... Will see if I can dig up any other information.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Bottom left hand badge in frame number 8

Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service

Comment

[QUOTE=Adrian Stevenson]
                        ATS - Auxhiliary Transport Corps - covered in Ade's very recent thread QUOTE]

Hi Leigh, I take it you didn't read it?

Auxiliary Territorial Service

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=48176

Cheers, Ade.
                        Must be slightly dyslexic. Or should that be sligly dyslic? No, it's one of my kind've mental blocks I'm afraid - always spit out the "Transport" bit. A few pints don't help. Well, actually in fact they do.

Comment

I believe the army has far more 'musicians' than the Navy.
                          Ah, the Guards have "Musicians", the rest of the army (99.9% of it) have "Bandsmen". You may have a point there..........

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X