• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsche Reichsbahn

A brace of DRB.

Regards,

David
    Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

This aluminum one looks familiar David

Marc

Comment

Hi David,

very nice, especialy the aluminum one, Just my opinion , I think the design of these makes them makes one if the bettrer looking buckles.

Comment

Drb

Hello Paul

Thankyou for the comments and I agree, they are a good and clean looking buckle. I must admit, I do prefer the Weimar period railway buckles with the "art decor" design, although railway related buckles are not really my forte.

Without wishing to appear as talking trade, I obtained the nickle buckle from a local fair via a dealer who was not quite sure what is was, although the aluminium with full makers logo, came from Marc.

Hence the earlier post and as subtle as a flying mallet.

Seriously, the aluminium DRB is a super buckle and I think now, reasonably hard to find in this condition with full logo.

Anybody else with interesting, mint or variation DRB ?

Regards,

David

Comment

Hi David,
                I just have 2 nickle EM's one silver the other the grey-green version and they are far from being mint
                I do have an interesting variation though, my early Officer's version that has a black leather tab attached, Ive posted pics of it many times.
                I do have a question about it's value though,I know they are hard to come by and I've only ever seen one offered for sale, the one Bill Shea has on his site Assmann marked and with bith keepers and he has it priced at $985 which to me seems highly overpriced. What thoughts on price do you guys have? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
                Thanks

Comment

Drb

Paul

I would not mind having a squint at your 2 DRB buckles, mint or not.

The leaders buckle is quite interesting, although I do not collect these, although I am of course with others, familiar with the one that you hold - super.

A reoccuring topic on the Forum is the grubby subject of price and again, we are skating on thin ice within the forum rules.

I have always advocated the Yorkshire saying of that "you don't get owt for nowt" (you do not get anything for nothing).

Bill's prices are and with all due respect a trifle high, although where else (and including the German dealers) would you find such a superb DRB leaders.

Overall, I think a fair price in relation to the condition and markings.

Again, "leaders" buckles are really not my cup of tea.

Regards,

David

Comment

Personally I don’t have any objection on discussing the value of an item on the forum. The rules are for selling items on the forum.
                    Bill Shea prices are indeed on the high side. A nice 100% MINT officer in nickel should go for 500/600 euro. There are many variations in these officer buckles. Nickel silver, nickel painted green, nickel plated gold and all the same in aluminum. They are hard to find but not impossible. I know some available at this time.

The EM version pictured above exists without marking and with erased marking. This last one is the most common followed by the marked one and the non marked one.

I also prefer the early Weimar art deco ones but they are scarce as hell, I personally have never seen the one with the spread wings and no swastika.

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Renfield
                      Paul

...............A reoccuring topic on the Forum is the grubby subject of price and again, we are skating on thin ice within the forum rules.

I have always advocated the Yorkshire saying of that "you don't get owt for nowt" (you do not get anything for nothing).................

Regards,

David
                      Hi David,
                      I'm not directing this towards you to start an arguement or anything but I looked through the forum rules
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=35895

and I couldn't find anything there on the subject of discussing prices, so I don't know what is correct or not. Anyway I'll be posting the pics you asked for so squint away

Marc, thank you for your answer on the value
                      Last edited by Paul Massucci; 03-05-2004, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Not much finish left on this one but it's the grey-green finish version, the scanner distorted the colors so they are not the best of pics.
                        Attached Files

Comment

reverse of grey-green
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here's the silver finished one, again not much of the finish left and again distored color

Comment

reverse
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X