Sepp Dietrich signed EK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sepp Dietrich signed EK2

Here for your viewing is a EK2 doc I picked up last week with a nice and strong original signature of Sepp Dietrich. Nothing wrong that I can find but opinions, as always are welcome.

Regards,
    AB.
    Attached Files
    In memory of my Uncle,
    Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
    2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
    Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

2/5
    Attached Files
    In memory of my Uncle,

Comment

3/5
      Attached Files
      In memory of my Uncle,

Comment

4/5
        Attached Files
        In memory of my Uncle,

Comment

Last one.

Regards
          AB.
          Attached Files
          In memory of my Uncle,

Comment

I guess no news is good news.

Regards,
            AB.
            In memory of my Uncle,

Comment

Andrew, it looks good to me. Here enother EK 2 Klasse signed by Dietrich just to compare..
              Edgar
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Edgar Alcidi; 03-16-2008, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks Edgar for posting your doc. It looks like he used the same pen to sign both of them. Identical ink colour. What I have just noticed is that my doc has an addition in the typed rank under the signature of 'Panzer' Generaloberst also mine does not have the ss runes in the typing whereas yours does. There is only a difference of 10 days between the 2 awards.

Did all typewriters have ss runes on the keyboard or not or did the typist on the day just not use the runes all the time?

Regards,
                AB.
                In memory of my Uncle,

Comment

Andrew, like I wrote, I am not a SS expert. It would be better to hear comments of people with more experience than me here. No all typewriters had SS runes on the keyboard in germany in that time, but the SS for sure.
                  Here both signatures together to compare:
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Edgar Alcidi; 03-16-2008, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Yes does look good......what is interesting for me is the unit and the fact that it came under SS Pz.Korps LAH in August 1944.

I have a Soldbuch to an Oberfeldwebel with this unit....here is a bit of info:

Heeres Pioniere Bataillon (mot.) z.b.V. 600 (Taifun)
                    Formed 1.7.1944 near Bitsch, Lothringen, WK XII; Equipped with Flugabwehr-Rakete "Taifun", the unit also made use of “Goliath” (Sd.Kfz.302);
                    Under: Army troops: Saarpfalz, Ardennes (5 Pz. Armee)
                    Replacements: 5 Ulm, WK V

Flugabwehr-Rakete "Taifun"
                    The electromechanical works, which developed also the liquid-fuel rocket engine for the Peenemünder C -2 »Wasserfall« air defence rocket (a smaller version of the A4 (V2), operated the development of their own small air defence rocket with liquid-fuel rocket engine under the designation "Taifun" towards the end of the war. This was designed as full-refuel-storable liquid air defence rocket and should be inserted uncontrolled use the mass firing from the ground against enemy bomber formations. Testing was yet complete however by the end of the war.
                    Starting from spring 1945 additionally the 0 series of the Taifun Fla rocket was taken up. The Army Laboratory Peenemünde was shifted 1945 completely under the pseudonym, "Electromechanical Works Karlshagen" to Bleicherode (southwest from the Kohnstein). The manufacture was done at KZ Dora-Mittelbau.
                    Technical data:
                    Classification: Air defence rocket (ground/air)
                    Drive: Liquid-fuel rocket engine (2.5 seconds burning duration with 800 kp thrust)
                    Fuel: 8.3 kg sports association material and 2.5 kg r-material
                    Control: none
                    Explosive head: 0.5 kg of powder charge and adjustable delayed-action fuse
                    Length: 1.85 m
                    Speed: 2740 km/h,

"Goliath" (Sd.Kfz.302)
                    The leichte Ladungsträger (light charge carrier) "Goliath" was developed 1940 by the company Borgward and delivered starting from 1942. It was wire-steered and served for the destruction of obstacles (road blocks, mine fields), firm positions and strong tanks.
                    From cost reasons the supply of this charge carrier starting from March 1943 (Sd.Kfz 303) came with a 125 HP carburettor engine. Later with this vehicle the explosive charge was increased to 100 kg.
                    The employment of the light charge carrier took place at the Panzer Pionier Kpn. (Goliath) 811-815 of the Heeres Pionier Bataillon (mot) z.b.V 600 (Taifun), at the Pionier Brigade 627 and the schweren Heeres-Panzerjäger Abteilung 654.

/Ian
                    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by texwiller View Post
                      No all typewriters had SS runes on the keyboard in germany in that time, but the SS for sure.
                      That isn't correct. A typewriter was a typewriter and in the field anything was used.
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks for your correction, Simon
                        Edgar

Comment

Seppl signature

100 pct. original 1944 "Dietrich" signature!

I have an identical one on the East Medal doc to Theodor "Teddy" Wisch post-dated 1942, but signed as "SS-Oberstgruppenfuehrer und Generaloberst der Waffen-SS"

Comment

A big thanks to all for your comments and help

And Ian, thank you for the extra info. very interesting!.

Regards,
                            AB.
                            In memory of my Uncle,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X