U-Boat badge ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boat badge ID

Hi and thanks to all for their help!! Your thoughts on the maker of this badge?
    Attached Files

uboat reverse

Attached Files

Comment

schwerin zink?

I think it is a zink Schwerin, possibly a Deumer, but Schwerin is what I would call this one. John

Comment

Originally posted by trident3
        I think it is a zink Schwerin, possibly a Deumer, but Schwerin is what I would call this one. John
        I agree. A zinc Schwerin.

Comment

Nice original and Identical to the one i have in my collection. Deumur to my knowledge. All the best

Comment

HI

I think its a nice Deumer its ok by me.

Dave

Comment

hook

Birdie, could you send a different angle of the hook. Something like this, from a previous post of a Schwerin.
              Attached Files

Comment

Uboat catch....

here you go!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Schwerin zinc

Front
                  Attached Files
                  Regards, Rob
                  Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Rev
                    Attached Files
                    Regards, Rob

Comment

Deumer & Schwerin

A tip from Philippe in a previous thread

"The feature I like to focus on to distinguish between a Deumer and a Schwerin is the vain that touches the rudder. On a Deumer that vain will be situated to the right side of the rudder on a Schwerin it's touches the rudder right in the center."
                      Regards, Rob

Comment

Hi Guys please correct me if im wrong but are n't the eagles on these different? The one Rob shows has the feathers that travel all the way up to the top of the eagles head. The one shown in the first pic is viod of feathers on the head, the beak, and eye are also different. All the best

Comment

uboat

It looks different to me. I am still not sure what the consensus is on this one. The vane that Rob refers to looks the same, hitting in the middle of the rudder. But, the eagle is different, does not look like a Schwerin I guess. SO, I guess we are still trying to determine what this badge is.

Comment

Its still a Deumur for me, cant see the schwerin connection. Now where's my glasses .All the best

Comment

Hi Guys,

For me all badges in this thread except the one posted by Rob indeed are Deumer made badges.

Design wise both U-boat badges are very close but there are difference like the vain touching the rudder. Besides that you have the set-up with that typical hinge that doesn't touch the wreath but leaves an open space. This set-up as far as I know was never encountered on a Schwerin but is a perfect match to the early buntmetall Deumers.

Here is a picture of Skip's buntmetal Deumer and you can clearly see that apart from the catchplate it matches the set-up found on the later zinkers.

KR
                              Philippe
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X