"20" EK1 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"20" EK1 opinions

Just recieved this, the core looks painted to me. What are your thoughts?
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Looks fine to me. What's wrong with the core being painted? It goes to show that one should not judge a cross by a quick glance at the frame. Always learning something new.
          Last edited by ekhunter; 10-17-2006, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Cross looks original to me.

Do you mean that the core has been re-painted?

Calvin
            -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Hi Wyatt.
              This original Zimmermann has all the signs of being denazified and then "fixed". The "fix" ruined the piece. This is my personal opinion.

Cheers.
              Peter
              Attached Files

Comment

Good eyes Peter! Not as good a job as the one that was done on the RK a year or so ago however.

Chet
                Zinc stinks!

Comment

Well now for some else that core is IMO not a 20, i cant line up the date to a real 20. And more one off the pic`s shows un even backplate whit frontplate, i have never seen that on a orginal 20. My judge
                  Mikael

Comment

the core of this cross was replaced IMO, because the core that was manufactured by K&Q does not fit to the original zimmermann frame. please take a look at the soldering.

stefan

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking View Post
                      Hi Wyatt.
                      This original Zimmermann has all the signs of being denazified and then "fixed". The "fix" ruined the piece. This is my personal opinion.

Cheers.
                      Peter
                      Great catch. You must have really good eyes Peter! Seems like a few other catches here. So let me get this right. It is a de-nazified K&Q core that has been repaired(altered), and then placed in a Zimmermann frame, and that's why the frame has separation and doesn't line up exactly. Is that the general conclusion? Wow!
                      Last edited by ekhunter; 10-17-2006, 04:58 PM.

Comment

The swastika on this piece is handmade and not very good. It is not transfered from any other genuine Third Reich piece. Look at the photo below. As Chet say, we have seen this being done before on Juncker RK.

Cheers.
                        Peter
                        Attached Files

Comment

still, the core is made by K&Q.... (therefore also the swastica does not fit in the frame)

Comment

Stefan
                            Why would someone take the core of a K&Q, move it to a Zimmermann, and thus ruin two (2) crosses?

Cheers.
                            Peter

Comment

Well that would make sense then. The frame is uneven and the crosses repaint after it was fixed does not touch the inner walls, so, if the cross is a "parts" cross that would make sense unless that person was a good painter. And, yeah, good eyes I never even saw the denazification of it. Thanks for your opinions.
                              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X