Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GI's in panzer wrappers?

Hi,

I hear what they're saying, Germans, happy to surrender (or is it my bad English?) however, isn't this some happy souvenir hunters?

(Time: 6.45) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvZCD...eature=related
    Attached Files

There is a foto of the same guys (+ a 3rd soldier) in the book "Dying for St.Lo", caption "....GIs trying on german panzer wrappers captured from "Das Reich"..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
      There is a foto of the same guys (+ a 3rd soldier) in the book "Dying for St.Lo", caption "....GIs trying on german panzer wrappers captured from "Das Reich"..."
      This guy?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Anders S View Post
        This guy?
        Quite possible - however none is wearing a sidecap at the foto.
        Last edited by Gran Sasso; 06-26-2008, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I would think an enterprising collector would try and find out who these GI's are,and write them a letter.

They just "might" still have the stuff.

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Ya, I be smiling too! If had one those SS panzer wraps to take home for the price of nothing. Great photos ,thanks for sharing.

Thanks Joe Semen

Comment

Originally posted by Madhessian View Post
              Ya, I be smiling too! If had one those SS panzer wraps to take home for the price of nothing. Great photos ,thanks for sharing.Thanks Joe Semen
              Well the price wasn't exactly "nothing". In fact $12,000-15,000 is a lot cheaper than what these guys 'paid' for it, IMHO.

Comment

Ya , I know my history too! I wasn't talking about that price. You can never put a number on that! I was talking about the sky rocket prices collectors are willing to pay for something that is real in todays market. Back then they would of burn the sh....t! That is what was I was making a statement about.

Thanks Joe Semen

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bonini View Post
                  Well the price wasn't exactly "nothing". In fact $12,000-15,000 is a lot cheaper than what these guys 'paid' for it, IMHO.
                  MY THOUGHTS ALSO.

Comment

Photos are also a great example of differences between US and German uniforms !

Comment

The shape of the eagle on the officers tunic looks like a belgian made variety although too blurry to really tell.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                        The shape of the eagle on the officers tunic looks like a belgian made variety although too blurry to really tell.
                        Good observation! I agree fully!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X