Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!

Ray,

I had heard about the low shoes but never saw them. It's amzing isn't it. I saw some of them being "aged" in a barn. Rat gnawed, chicken poop and all.
    I don't know if this is cool with W-A but I'm enjoying "Dakkie" fest an invite all to participate.

Steve,
    I've never seen DAK POW's in Australia, very coo photol! Love those blitz's.

Phil, love the round!!!!! Panzer III's were the workhorses and to find a battlefield round... Wow...

"Dakkie Fest" Continues.......

Gary

Gary

Comment

With Apologies to DAL

I would like to correct a previous post I made. Dal has contacted me in regard to the "legend" about how he acquired his magnificent DAK overcoat. I stand corrected and my story was way off!!!!!! Dal did not find his overcoat in a garage sale and neither did he pay a paltry sum for it. Dal tells me he paid "handsomely" for it and has never regretted paying a top price. I've apologized to Dal for repeating the story. Sorry Dal, you are the Zen Master and I should have checked with you before posting to the forum.
      Your book was so important to so many of us and RAiA inspired me to specialize in North Africa!

With sincere Apologies,

Gary

Comment

Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 09-23-2005, 02:37 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 09-23-2005, 02:36 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

Wheel Of DAK Boards!

Lots of Wafenfarbe! Also it gives you a sense of what good boards look like. A lot of collectors got together and we got some rare ones. Orange, Copper Brown etc,
            Attached Files

Comment

The "Complete" wheel of Boards

I'm sorry but this picture does not reproduce. I'd have t convert it but this is the whole spectrun of Waffenfarbe for North Africa. We had to use Blanket Coat, Early and late boards but we did. Guys if you out there and reading W-A, do you remember how cool this was when we finally got it all together? My thanks to a lot of "Old School" Dakkies....

Gary
              Attached Files

Comment

A close up of the "Wheel of Boards"

The camera is distorting this style of transparency but you can still see the Waffenfarbe....Dakkie Fest '05
                Attached Files

Comment

And the DAK Boards just keep coming

Another section of the "Wheel"
                  Attached Files

Comment

A "Whole Spectrum" of Greens

This looks like the "Green" Section.. Lime, Grass, Medium Etc. From the "Wheel of Boards"
                    Attached Files

Comment

Der Speiss

As you can see, the consruction on all these boards is very similar, in fact they are virtually identical. Fading causes some color changes but the basic construction is the same. Some of you are e-mailing me stuff from eBay and< it is my opinion that DAK boards had 2 variations, Blanket Boards and Tunic Boards.
                      They each have a specific architecture and specification. The wool backing went from blanket coat brown, to feld grau to lighter grey but from 1940 to 1943, the boards were built the same. There were variations and field made but you take your chances with those. This is my opinion and I know this mailer has covered this topic but the e-mails some of you send me showing boards that are so bogus that I can't believe they are out there. I saw one from Germany today that may have used a real top section but it was not good. I'm putting more photos up but I hope these help. Sorry they are so bad but I'm shoting from Transparencies. I can't shoot the actual photographs becuase some of these photos are part of a consulting contract I working on with Paramount. More to folow...
                      Attached Files

Comment

The Best Fake and A real Board Side by Side

Ok, The lime green is good and the copper brown is bad. But a really good bad copy. The waffenfarbe was supposedly taken from some mothed wool boards. Obvious fault is the zipper stitch is on underside of bad board and upper side of good board. Shapes of both are good. Notice where seam is on tongue of both boards. It happens slighty in towards the cente rof the tongue so seam won't show on loop. Also seam is away from stress point.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Underside by side Fake and Real

Lime Green Board is good. Copper Brown is Bad but a good fake. See below for more. Underside shows both having gray wool. Mid production boards because it is the dark wool. Early was blanket coat brown wool, mid production was dark grey and late was lighter grey and the boards, in some cases were sort of "flimsy." The fake has the same material from the top of the board on the bottom of the board tongue. Real board has tropical shirt material. Were there variations? In my opinion that's what they are, not standard, and be careful. Could be good but raises questions. Again my opinion but I've seen a lot of good baords. They all share virtually identicle architecture. See below. Zipper stitch should face out. On fake, they face in. Biggest mistake by this con-man.

Dakkie Fest 2005 continues.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

DAK Board Tongues Fake and Real

Please see the posts below as we review thge best fake I ever saw versus a real board. Note on the fake the zipper stitch faces "inward" and the tongue has a poor shape to it. I don't like that and I'll post some more good boards to show consistancy of constrcution architecture.

Please see posts below.

You guys buying the crapoy fakes on eBay have some more infio to make decisons. More ot caome...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Blanket Coat boards but mediocre shots

I'm sorry I can't get a better shot from the transparency but you can see the Shape of the Blanket coat boards.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Documented Bleaching stages on DAK Visored Field Caps

Rare Photo showing the Bleaching Process on DAK Caps. Guys, if you can believe this they are all 1941 Dated Schlische Mutzenfabrik Frankenstien. One mint, One 1/2 faded and one bleached. We'll never be able to pull that off again!!!! Do you remembe rthat day J?

Gary
                                Dakkie Fest 2005
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X