BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heer officers Motorcycle piped boards,Lw Signal or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer officers Motorcycle piped boards,Lw Signal or?

I just got these boards today and am trying to determine if they might be a good set of Heer Motorcycle boards. I know that LW and Heer boards are the same except that the subdued braid is thought to be Heer. Not always the case. these are subdued and have a redish brown waffebfarbe. does the LW browns for signal look the same?

I compared the piping to two samples of good kRADSHUTZEN waffenfarbe that Scott Prichett poste. While not an exact match it seemed in the ball park.

any help is appreciated.regards Jim

First pic compared to a EM SB.
    Attached Files

Compared to the color on Scotts Standard Bearers patch.
    Attached Files

Comment

Jim:
      I hardly know jack about Luftwaffe, but I would guess that if these were Luftwaffe, they would have brighter silver braid. The color looks copper brown - ie, with the reddish hue...and from the pictures, would seem to be Heer.
      CSP

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScottPritchett
        Jim:
        I hardly know jack about Luftwaffe, but I would guess that if these were Luftwaffe, they would have brighter silver braid. The color looks copper brown - ie, with the reddish hue...and from the pictures, would seem to be Heer.
        hi Scott,

Thanks for the info. From searching through some old threads it appears that subdued boards were used to some extent by the LW. But the consensus is if its subdued its Heer.

Are the officers versions in copper brown as hard to come by as the EM? Just wondering.Jim

Comment

Jim:
          Unless some Luftwaffe collector can shed any light on some unseen quirk that makes these Luftwaffe and not Heer...for me these are a nice original and rare set of Heer copper-brown reconaissance boards for a Major.

Anything copper brown is rare. I am not sure I can say one way or the other on EM or officer. I have aquired maybe a half dozen to 10 pieces pieces in 33 years....nothing over the rank of Hauptmann.

I'd certainly be glad to have to have what you have in these.
          CSP

sigpic

Comment

I agree with Scott: Heer Motorcycle Unit. I haven't been collecting as long as Scott, but I have a fairly extensive collection of straps/boards and I don't have any copper- brown. Hold on to those tight.
            AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Scott and Tom,

Thank you very much for your comments. Now to find a nice place to display them. jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X