Test for Newbies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test for Newbies!

OK, lets see if you newer visor collectors have been paying attention--real or fake, and give your reasons why. Lets start with the capture certificate:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Hat:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Date stamp:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior 2:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Logo:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

You advanced collectors are not allowed to play!

Have at it guys!
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

If I may take a stab. I am not entirely new, but not an expert either. As I recall in a previous thread, this is Latvian fake Cobra. Main give away is the label on sweat shield is not the same. Original was double stitched, had name tag slot and used different ink color. Slightly different Rhomboid, also. The black band on this one, does not look correct to me. Velvet? I also think it is post war Chin strap. Am I close?

Comment

The document is new looking (very white no yellowing) and how about those cigerette burns

The cap is a Reproduction. Plastic shield, bad looking leather sweatband. date stamp with the day and a spelled out month, liner behind band is not creased properly. How about that fuzzy piping

I hope I passed the test.

edited - plastic looking visor as well...

Comment

Having no background on paper ithems I would say it`s original, but with some added lines. number 5 and up seem to have been written with a different pen and in a different style. Strange with the burn marks, like I used to make my play pirat`s maps when I was a boy...The cap is a early Janke reproduction, with a maker who never existed.

kim

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                    You advanced collectors are not allowed to play!
                    Gee, who sets up the criteria for being an advanced collector?!?!

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by kim midtlyng View Post
                      with a maker who never existed.

kim
                      Ok, let me give it a try. The cap is an obvious fake. I disagree; the maker did exist though. As for the document I think the whole thing is fake. Seeing I have a few vet bring back papers I know what they look like. My guess is someone made a photo copy of a real one, whites it all out to make a blank and then filled in. Sorry for the bad copy attached but in most period docs I do believe that cursive writing was standard at the time and not printing. I also would guess by the formation of the letters it was written by a woman (or a very feminine man) . The signature line should contain the authorizing officers rank. The second line would be unit. Also note the seal. It is a photo copy. I know it is hard because the picture is not great but look at the seal on mine (this was my grandfather by the way so I know it is original), the seal is a different shade.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by NTZ; 03-14-2007, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Have at it boys!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-GERMAN-OFFIC...em160095588864

I did my share to disrupt this one.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                          Have at it boys!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-GERMAN-OFFIC...em160095588864

I did my share to disrupt this one.
                          Now that is a crime.

Comment

The certificate is fake/altered

I have had many of these certificates that included firearms. Each arm was described (as best they understood) and included the serial number, on the certificate.

He will have many offers, but they should be in the under $100 area.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                              The certificate is fake/altered

I have had many of these certificates that included firearms. Each arm was described (as best they understood) and included the serial number, on the certificate.

He will have many offers, but they should be in the under $100 area.

Bob Hritz
                              Bob, you are right. The blury one I posted is for a pistol and it has the maker and serial number.

Here is some more info on the seller, very intersiting. If you want to give him a call just use zaba search.

Pete Semetis "The Hilton Head Kid"
                              "Still Wheel'N And Deal'N After All These Years"
                              Well, after 30 years of finding some of the greatest trains, and toys in the New York City and Long Island area's, I'm down in the sun on Hilton Head Island still locating rare and interesting items for my collection! Growing up learning the collecting hobby from the old masters has given me the keen eye to purchase some incredible items here in the LOW COUNTRY..Member of the Train Collectors Assoc. 75-7361 VISIT ME ALSO AT WWW.PALMETTOANTIQUES.COM

He also uses this ebay name.

palmettoantiquegallery ( 676 )

PALMETTO ANTIQUE GALLERY INC.
                              PETER AND KATHY SEMETIS' GOODIES!
                              Welcome to our site and current auctions...Wheel'n and deal'n for over 30 years both in the New York/Long Island area and here in the Low Country covering Hilton Head Island, Charleston SC, and the Savannah GA. areas...Located in the Historic Beaufort SC area we're still locating great items for sale, and always adding to our own collection.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X