Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found in Cassino..

Hi to all..
    THis German para helmet has been found in Cassino recently (2003), during the jobs of demolition of old house. My friend Roberto (President of "Cassino War Memorial") is successful to make to give it
    Currently it is posed into the museum of the battle.
    If you want to see this helmet, this is the link, and sorry for my bad english

http://community.webshots.com/album/183925674IviaBQ?732

Best regards
    Marco.

Very nice!!
    Thx..
    Mario F.

Comment

Amazing condition for all of those years!!! Even more special that it comes from a signifigant battle during the war!!!

Beautiful!!!

Mike

Comment

Excellent piece!

Thanks for posting it.

Bill

Comment

Marco,

That is a Great find!!! I can only imagine that there is alot more buried or hidden away in and around Monte Cassino and the town. Reminds me of a photo I saw years ago of a FJ Helmet with the skull still in it amongst the Rubble of the Abbey. It just reinforces my belief that everytime there is construction or demolition you will find something from the war. Bill

Comment

Bill ; do you have a copy of that amazing photo ( skull & helmet ) ?.

Comment

Gew98,

I'm talking many years ago...probably 25 or more. It was something about the the Battle and the rebuilding of the Abbey. I've never seen the photo since then. I wish had the photo because I would have posted it. Bill

Comment

Ciao Marco

Very nice find. I must visit Monte Cassino the next time I'm in Italy. Maybe some time next year.

Il tuo vicino da Malta
                Henri

Comment

Hey Marco,
                  Your English is much better than my Italian! My wife and I were in Cassino 2 years ago and I cant wait to get back.

Ciao!
                  Gary

Originally posted by Marco
                  Hi to all..
                  THis German para helmet has been found in Cassino recently (2003), during the jobs of demolition of old house. My friend Roberto (President of "Cassino War Memorial") is successful to make to give it
                  Currently it is posed into the museum of the battle.
                  If you want to see this helmet, this is the link, and sorry for my bad english

http://community.webshots.com/album/183925674IviaBQ?732

Best regards
                  Marco.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X