Burger-Braukeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burger-Braukeller

Where it all began in Nov 1923 and probably the items most used prior to the march - a nice old Burger-Brau stein, maker on bottom of stein and maker on inside of pewter lid also a Plate from the Burgerbraukeller - In addition a early SA Dolch.
    I can just imagine the beer and Sauerbraten cosumed utilizing the stein & plate before strapping on the SA Dolch and parading at the annual 9 Nov 23, event.

Horst
    Attached Files

You know that I like Horst, probst my friend!

Comment

Cool group Horst, another thing for me to buy one day!

Comment

Horst, that I would my photo that I posted earlier to go with yours along with a photo of the Burgerbraukeller to this thread.
        Attached Files

Comment

nice displays... i really like that.

Comment

Super set and super photo, I visited Munchen in December and walked from the site of what would have been the BB Keller to the feldherrnehalle, anybody else have any early BB Keller photos? Sean

Comment

Sorry no pictures of the Burger Brau Keller, however I did pick up one of their steins at a flea market in Glennwood Springs, Colorado two years ago for $15.00! Never had a pewter lid on it, but the handle was drilled to accept one.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
                Sorry no pictures of the Burger Brau Keller, however I did pick up one of their steins at a flea market in Glennwood Springs, Colorado two years ago for $15.00! Never had a pewter lid on it, but the handle was drilled to accept one.

WOW ,what a great find and deal, lucky man !!

Comment

NICE steins!! I want one!! Kevin.

Comment

A fantastic deal for sure Kondor! These steins and plates from the Burgerbraukeller are real pieces of history and may have been there when Hitler shot into the ceiling to get von Kahr's attention on that faithful night of Nov.8th 1923.

Comment

Very nice, until recently when Erich showed his stein i never thought it would be possible that these were still around, and now we have three in one forumthread.

Being more a political and civilian collector i value these very high compared to many other items from the era. Congrats to the owners for these finds, these are small treasures.

If you see one more pop up anywhere, i'd appreciate a pm ;-)

best regards,
                      Gaston

Comment

Hey Gauost and Erich, just wondering if your steins are also short of a 1/2 Liter? The bottom being recessed. So it looks like your getting a 1/2 Liter when you are actually being short changed! Mine is not marked near the handle which is where they normally mark the 1/2 L . Just wondering as I found this very interesting in the construction of the stein

Comment

Wonderful display, any idea whats hanging on the necks of the guys up front with the flagpole? Thks

Comment

Hey Gauost and Erich, just wondering if your steins are also short of a 1/2 Liter? The bottom being recessed. So it looks like your getting a 1/2 Liter when you are actually being short changed! Mine is not marked near the handle which is where they normally mark the 1/2 L . Just wondering as I found this very interesting in the construction of the stein
                            Yes, mine is half liter and is marked as such. in fact there is a fill line etched inside near the rim"

Comment

Mine is also marked as a 1/2 liter - have to say that the Germans get very upset if not filled properly.
                              Heres a picture and article reflecting steins in use at the Burgerbraukeller.

Horst
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X