Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavarian MVKs...

Dear fellow collectors,

I would like to show my collection of MVK so far. I am still looking for the versions without crown and swords in Silver and Gold... If someone has them for sale, please do not hesitate to contact me. I know this two latter are quite rare, to say the least.

The late zink version of the MVK 3. Klasse mit Schwertern is rarer than the other versions. Particularly rare is the zinc version of the MVK 3. Klasse mit Krone u. Schwertern. Does somebody own it? Wanna sell it to me???

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Klaus O.; 10-05-2002, 08:00 AM.

Rückseite / Reverse

Too bad that almost all the ribbons are not originals... I would like to replace them, but they seem to be pretty scarce on the market today. Once I found a normal MVK ribbon in a antique shop next to the Viktualienmarkt in München: the shop owner asked around Eur 20.- for a 20 cm long ribbon! Finally I didn't buy it... although now I regret it!

some more...

Comment

cased MVK and MVO

Another example of cased MVK and MVO with miniature!

Enjoy!

Comment

MVK 3. Kl. mit Schwertern RS

Here the inside of the case with maker description... That was one of my brother first medals bought (1988) from a dealer who nowadays no longer exists: Sonia Voller (Freiburg i.B.). I remember that I got from her a Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, marked Godet, Silver, for just DEM 55.-
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Klaus O.; 10-05-2002, 07:53 AM.

Comment

MVO 4. Klasse mit Schwertern RS

I really do love this order... the deep dark blue enamel and it's maltese cross shape with Golden Bavarian Lion on the reverse is just perfect. They should re-introduce such orders in today's Germany for the army, I mean regional orders, every Bundesland would have its own military orders.

That's why I like Bavarian so much; they are so tradition minded that politicians like Strauss re-issued orders like the royal order "für Kunst u. Wissenschaft"... just great!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Klaus O.; 10-05-2002, 07:56 AM.

Comment

MVK 2. Klasse mit Krone

I got it during last Detlev's update... a bit expensive: on Nimmergut catalogue is valued Eur 179.-, the silver version, Eur 154.-, the alpaka versilbert version. I got from Detlev at Eur 250.-, but definitely has found its place in my collection and from what I can deduce from the picture the ribbon seems to be original. And this is really difficult to get...
            Attached Files

Comment

MVO 4. Klasse im Etui

Last but not least a MVO 4. Klasse without crown and swords, which I adquired from Rick (Stogieman). This is a particularly rare class...
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Claudio,

impressive Collection! Very nice!
                The Bavarians without swords are really rarities! Most of the recipients got the swords in WW1.
                I remember last year a bronze MVK with crown on the Beamten ribbon without swords jumped on DM 500!

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Very Nice!

Impressive group and collection Claudio. Impossible to find the Beamter and/or Civil (peace-time) ribbons as originals. Never, ever been able to find them myself. I search pretty darn hard for things too!

Comment

Very Nice Claudio!

Comment

I am most impressed with the MVK1s-- these are EXTREMELY undervalued...

my best guess is that there were only about 700 WW1 MVK1Xs... so maybe, what? 100 MVK1Xs with CROWN????

I have had three MVK1Xs, and still own 2. The third went only for long friendship to a good home and I know where it is.

At some point, probably from Autengruber award rolls work, it will be revealed how insanely rare those are, and then... good luck!

Comment

last but least a "single mounted bar" MVK 2. Kl. mit X

Am Beamtenband! That was my Christmast's gift for my brother Marco, who collects "Einzelbandspangen".
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very Nice

Thanks for showing us your collection Claudio, they are all very beautiful. I only have two MVK but still wish to show them to you all .

Comment

Just received this today from Detlev .

Comment

On the left is a wartime MVK 2X with Crown, and on the right a 1930s restrike

obverses:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X