X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Blood Order

Hi Rob,

I once owned this gem, nice narrow first type case also.By the way I have research on Otto Ertl , he fought in France and I have a copy of a feldpost fron the front.
      Cheers Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Harrington View Post
        Hi Rob,

I once owned this gem, nice narrow first type case also.By the way I have research on Otto Ertl , he fought in France and I have a copy of a feldpost fron the front.
        Cheers Kyle

Kyle-

Thanks for posting! I've been trying to reach you via email the last few weeks but I never received a reply (nor did the emails bounce back )

Anyway... sent you a email through the forum

As a side note, I received a very extensive research file on Ertl from John P. Moore which consisted of about 14 super-high resolution scans of Ertls' file (microfilm) contained within the NARA archives. I'm still working on translating and researching these, but so far I've managed to uncover a very detailed history of Ertl's 15+ year service with the SS. One of the only details I have not been able to uncover is exactly which Waffen-SS unit he served with (all of the entries state simply " einen Inf. Rgt. d. Waffen-SS an der Front.) If you can help confirm which unit he served with I'd be most appreciative.

Lastly, I'd highly recommend that anyone looking to research a SS Officer contact John before going to anyone else. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable, professional and just simply pleasant to talk to, but the turn around time was about 24 hours!!! The price was very reasonable, too

Rob
        Last edited by Rob Johnson; 09-12-2006, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Harrington View Post
          Hi Rob,

Cheers Kyle

Small world--I owned this one as well!
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Yup. This one has definitely changed hands over the years. However, I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon

Rob

Originally posted by Erich View Post
            Small world--I owned this one as well!
            Erich

Comment

1st. pattern # 335

# 335 a

From CIA vet who had charge of de-Nazifying Himmlers' summer home at Tengrensee.

Also had and I obtained Gold Party badge # 132.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by John Pepera; 09-14-2006, 10:26 PM.

Comment

# 335 b
                Attached Files

Comment

Ty 1 case a
                  Attached Files

Comment

ty 1 case b
                    Attached Files

Comment

Blood Order march
                      Last edited by John Pepera; 09-14-2006, 10:19 PM. Reason: add photo

Comment

Originally posted by John Pepera View Post
                        ty 1 case b

John-

That's a beautiful Blood Order. #337 was awarded to Josef Eberle, of Jungsturm Adolf Hitler. It's very rare to find the issue number sticker still on the bottom of the case.

Did the ribbon bar come with the Blood Order when you bought it from the vet?

Thanks for sharing!
                        Rob

Comment

Very nice John! I really like those Old Fighters Awards. Hope to own one some day along with a Coburg Badge.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                            Very nice John! I really like those Old Fighters Awards. Hope to own one some day along with a Coburg Badge.

Just get to be buddies with Jon Fish. Blood Orders seem to fall out of the sky and into his lap

Comment

Yes indeed, don't forget the Coburg badge, perhaps one of the rarest of the NSDAP awards.

John, I see the Austrian BO award ribbon, was fortunate when I aquired my low number 2500 BO (2nd series BO run) that I had gotten a long strand of the ribbon, but, not fortunate enough to gain the ribbon bar, such as you've shown.
                              Last edited by Rich Moran; 09-17-2006, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X