No announcement yet.

Waffen Ss Tropical Field Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a side view of the cap and the perfect maker stamp. If you have any information on this maker or his stamp(s) that would be great!
    Attached Files

Comment

Here are two final images of the cap interior and stamps... I really like what I see here!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Here are some detail images of the SS tropical visor field cap in the Beaver and Kurtz books...
        Attached Files

Comment

Two final images of the Beaver/Kurtz cap...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dakcollector View Post
            My only concern is the eagle. Is it an original, reproduction or sleeve eagle?
            It is a sleeve eagle.

Comment

Cap eagles are a bit harder to find aren't they!?

Comment

my trop cap
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Any other opinions or concerns with the Paul Wagenmann cap, stamp or insignia?!?!?

Is it common to find factory-applied SS tropical sleeve insignia on these tropical SS field caps... perhaps assuming there was an insufficient number of SS tropical cap eagles?

Milan's tropical SS field cap looks great (from a novice perspective) and has continental SS insignia... was this also relatively common?!?

One previously unanswered question raised by Chris (90th Light)... was SS tropical cap insignia more often machine or hand applied?

Comment

IMO hand.. Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by dakcollector View Post
                        Any other opinions or concerns with the Paul Wagenmann cap, stamp or insignia?!?!?

Is it common to find factory-applied SS tropical sleeve insignia on these tropical SS field caps... perhaps assuming there was an insufficient number of SS tropical cap eagles?

No problem on the sleeve eagle or its application to this cap. I was just talking about this with a friend about this exact scenario Friday: two SS tropical caps sourced from a veteran, one with normal cap eagle and one with sleeve eag;e applied instead. Who knows why this was done but it is all original IMO.

Comment

Here are photos of another example I had the pleasure to handle in the past few days. Size marking only. No grommets. Has top center seam. Cap has been worn.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Detail
                            Attached Files

Comment

More
                              Attached Files

Comment

.-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X