Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First pattern SS eagles?

Hi Guys,

Got these eagles with a vet lot I just bought. I think at least 2 are ss eagles but what about the 3rd?

Bill Rannow
    Mpls, MN

I would say the first one is SS .... But not sure about the other two
    They appear to be on what looks like a Luftwaffe blue backing on my PC
    I have one on earth brown and green but not a blue ???
    Regards
    David

Comment

eagles

IMHO the two blue-gray looking ones are Bahnschutz and the black one may also be. It could also be an early SS. I'm sure that there will be more inputs on this.

Comment

The 2 blue ones are Bahnschutz Polizei ,on a piece of BSP light blue grey uniform as well .
        The green one could also be for the BSP field grey uniform,or the very early VT
        sleeve eagle,same design .
        Nick

Comment

Thanks Guys! I think the second one is early VT because of the material. The lighting is not natural so the material looks a little different. I have 2 more one from a cap with part of the cap (not ss) and this one a police eagle on the summer (Mottled) material. Not technically ss ether but pretty cool!

Bill Rannow
          Mpls. MN

Comment

That vet saved big swatches

Comment

i would say these are all Bahnschutz.
              The only fotos i know of an early one is a published one of a LAH soldier with the first green uniform.
              And this eagle is differnt to the one shown here. Head looks to the other side and the wings dont go down, they go up a little.

Comment

I like the police one!

Comment

Eagles

I think this is an important find. For starters, the first posted agle was thought by some to be SS. I always thought BahnShtz. Now that seems more correct than ever. What color is the cloth that it resides on, black or dark blue? Another thing to keep in mind is the way the eagles head faces. All wrong for SS. Also, if "early" SS, what possible black cloth uniform would that be from?

Comment

Yes Bahnschutz and/or early SS
                    Never seen a BeVo Polizei sleeve eagle applied in such a (simple) trapezoid way....

Comment

Early SS

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                      Yes Bahnschutz and/or early SS
                      Never seen a BeVo Polizei sleeve eagle applied in such a (simple) trapezoid way....
                      Nick, which eagle is "early" SS?

Comment

eagles

I thought that I would offer my opinions on these eagles. I have been able to examine them all inhand and under various degrees of sunlight. The biggest question seems to be on eagle number one. It is machine embroidered on black badge material and is hand sewn to a piece of dark blue tunic cloth which in this application [IMHO] makes it Bahnschutz Polizei. I don't have any doubts as to whether eagles number two or number three are also BSP. Just my two cents worth.

Comment

I guess I'll dare to voice my opinion on these... All three eagles are sewn to what appears to be pieces of wool from BSP tunic sleeves. Eagles 2 and 3 are machine embroidered on what looks to be blue wool. These are BSP eagles. I have no proof, but I strongly suspect the BSP used left over first pattern SS sleeve eagles on both black and field gray because the design of the eagle were very similar to the BSP eagle. "Waste not, want not!" in practice.

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for all the comments! Here is the whole group these eagles came with.

Enjoy!

Bill Rannow
                            Mpls, MN

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X