• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-war or wartime Alkero ???

Hello

What do you think about this mark ?
    Is post-war or wartime ??

Hallo Graywolf

Albert KEMPF had a variegated output. This label normally meets wasserdicht linings, but with:

- a zigzag rhomb's sewing
    - a gilt crown over the rhomb
    - a different inscription on the rhomb's perimeter
    - all fonts weren't normally printed in italics
    - there was an underneath scroll with uniformmutzenfabrik inscription.

In this case I see a stirndruckfrei inscription. It would be interesting to see if the hat has that special system indeed. I don't like this label. Just my opinion.

best regards

Comment

Marcello is correct--Alkero's logos seemed to change often during the TR era. This one could be OK, but we need to see pix of the hat--they continued making hats after the war.

Here is a standard wartime ALkero:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is an early one:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is a Alkero-Logo nearly identical to this one:
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=alkero+logo The only difference is the zig-zag-sewing. But that is not unusual to Alkero-caps. You will find this way of sewing as well, waterproof or not. They changed their logos and methods of sewing more often than soldiers their shorts ;-)
          For me everything is fine.

Compare this one to any postwar-Alkero-logo and you would not doubt anymore... There they used the inscription "Wuppertal-Ronsdorf" not only "Wuppertal"in the logo-square, because they moved the factory after war, I think.
          Last edited by eurocentric; 02-29-2008, 03:07 PM.

Comment

It would have been interesting to know what was on the bit of celluloid that is missing. Was there something removed on purpose to hide a later post war imprint?

Comment

Originally posted by eurocentric View Post
              Compare this one to any postwar-Alkero-logo and you would not doubt anymore... There they used the inscription "Wuppertal-Ronsdorf" not only "Wuppertal"in the logo-square, because they moved the factory after war, I think.
              Hallo eurocentric

According to my information, ALKERO had its factory in Wuppertal Ronsdorf from the establishment to the end of 2WW; in 1946 it was transferred to Wuppertal Vohwinkel; in 1968 they started another factory in Teunz, differentiating the plain and sporting output from the military one. I hope this could be useful.

best regards

Comment

Allright, thank you! I twisted something with "Peküro". They moved to Ronsdorf after the war.

But the Logo starting this thread is exactly the same as in the thread I inserted.
                Here I link only the image (hope it is no problem to member "Kurt", who posted it ;-) )

The zig-zag stitching is optional, I think. Look at the early logo "Stonemint" posted. I can't find any reason for stitching regularities at Alkero logos.

The first postwar Alkero-logo I saw was like this one "Stonemint" posted here:
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...3&postcount=81

(Note the missing inscription arround the Alkero-square)

Comment

Hallo eurocentric

Yes, the pattern of the inscription is basically the same, but, as you can see, there are big differences between the fonts:

- the A flourish of ALKERO is very dissimilar;
                  - the perimeter's inscription is italics on the first logo and heavy type on the second one;
                  - there isn't a size number on the second label.

However, with respect to this point, I agree that probably the zigzag sewing was not compulsory and that we have not to value the ALKERO's sewing style as unchangeable, considering the long period they are in mass production since their establishment, but with respect to the visors involved in this examination I have to say, as my own opinion, that:

- Kurt's visor is undoubtedly original. The stirndruckfrei inscription matches perfecly the half-moon system and the full inscription is correctly printed on a celluloid diamond;
                  - The label posted by Graywolf on the contrary belongs to a visor (I've seen it currently offered for sale) that has many problems. Sweatband, stirndruckfrei and visor are in my own opinion probably replaced and there is a wasserdicht lining for a supposed GJ officer ...I'm not in the position to speak about the waffenfarbe's shade and the quality of frontal effects and I let the experts speak about these points.

best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X