demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lufttail on the misc Estand (alternately a ju88 and fw190)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lufttail on the misc Estand (alternately a ju88 and fw190)

http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthread.php?t=349201

Does anyone remember this piece when it was listed a few months ago by another seller on the estand? At that time, both sides of it were still attached to each other through the inner supports and rivets (ie the original vet or homefront harvester cut the whole swaz out., left and right sides.) I was really interested at the time but couldn't match it to a luftwaffe model and ended up trying to forget about it. (I believe it is period, I just had to know the model to jump in.)

Now it's been cut in two and (in the case of this side at least) straightened. To me, a lot of history has been lost with this drastic sales measure. Am I off base? Is it no big deal in the hobby to part things out that are not designed for that treatment?

If this in fact the case, it is a horrible abuse of an historic piece. These things in their original configuration are more rare than any Knights Cross, based on the number surviving (i.e both sides).

Comment

Tail swas

Greetings,

Scarcer than Knights Crosses! Thats a great reason to cut it in half and double your money!

Fred

Comment

OMG !!

it's even called " battle damage " ....

Jos.

Comment

Blatant greed and profiteering
          The seller should be ashamed if he has cut it up to gain a little more money

Comment

I don't think it's the same piece is it? I was also interested in the one with double skin but couldn't match it to any known German aircraft. It wasn't 109 or 190, that's for sure.
            That's the problem with these things. Anyone can get hold of a bit of old wing or fuselage and paint a swastika on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
              I don't think it's the same piece is it? I was also interested in the one with double skin but couldn't match it to any known German aircraft. It wasn't 109 or 190, that's for sure.
              That's the problem with these things. Anyone can get hold of a bit of old wing or fuselage and paint a swastika on it.
              This one is 100% real and correct German aircraft tail section from WWII and I will stand behind it for life ...A great piece of History . Brent

Comment

Brent, did you cut it apart? Your post on the sales thread seems to infer that the way you are selling it now is the way that you vet-bought it. If you vet bought it, why did another have it listed here back in January?

Ben, the scratches and damages match on the old full section and the 2 separate pieces that Brent sold and is selling. The shrapnelesque long hole was open originally but now it looks closed (maybe during the straightening?).

Comment

Luft Tail Section Swas...

Hello to all that seem to take so much interest in my wonderful offering on the WAF .. Well ..Here is the deal ..No one could afford the price of the two pieces together so I decided to let two interested collectors buy them seperately ..If you think about it .Most of the time only one of the tail section insignia's was removed from the crashed aircraft and only one side is really displayable ..So why not make it possible for two collectors to each own a important piece of history ..I originally wanted 4000 for the two sides as it was brought home . The one sided pieces generally sell for 2000 to 2500 or more..After giving it much consideration I decided on seperating this piece and keeping one of the sides originally myself and sold the other quickly for 2000 . I just decided to post my keeper piece I was planning on keeping on the WAF and give a 2nd collector a chance at owning it . No one was willing to pay 4K for the original offering ..It is easier for two different collectors to share the price at 2000 each and each having a cool piece at a very fair price. Two nice displayable pieces instead of the two together . I do not see the big deal or why anyone really cares. If you are not interested in this piece then just move on. These are just pieces of history to start with , not a complete Luftwaffe Fighter plane I have parted out , that I could understand . I will now make two collectors happy in the process my offering this 2nd piece . If the piece I have on the WAF does not sell then I am the second happy collector as I think it looks rather cool hanging on my wall . Brent Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Brent Smith View Post
                    After giving it much consideration I decided on seperating this piece and keeping one of the sides originally myself and sold the other quickly for 2000
                    I can't believe this, to be perfectly honest
                    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hello to all that seem to take so much interest in my wonderful offering on the WAF .. Well ..Here is the deal ..No one could afford the price of the two pieces together so I decided to let two interested collectors buy them seperately ..If you think about it .Most of the time only one of the tail section insignia's was removed from the crashed aircraft and only one side is really displayable ..So why not make it possible for two collectors to each own a important piece of history ..I originally wanted 4000 for the two sides as it was brought home . The one sided pieces generally sell for 2000 to 2500 or more..After giving it much consideration I decided on seperating this piece and keeping one of the sides originally myself and sold the other quickly for 2000 . I just decided to post my keeper piece I was planning on keeping on the WAF and give a 2nd collector a chance at owning it . No one was willing to pay 4K for the original offering ..It is easier for two different collectors to share the price at 2000 each and each having a cool piece at a very fair price. Two nice displayable pieces instead of the two together . I do not see the big deal or why anyone really cares. If you are not interested in this piece then just move on. These are just pieces of history to start with , not a complete Luftwaffe Fighter plane I have parted out , that I could understand . I will now make two collectors happy in the process my offering this 2nd piece . If the piece I have on the WAF does not sell then I am the second happy collector as I think it looks rather cool hanging on my wall . Brent Smith
                      Of course you can do what you want but history has been lost in my opinion. Damn shame that money won out over history

Comment

What a concept. We all know none of us would be able to afford one of Rommels tunics but if someone were to tear off the collar, both sleeves, and rip out the lining, then sell each part individually, maybe then................................

Comment

Hopefully he doesn't have any other historical items in his possesion.

What a BONEHEAD!

Comment

that is really a shame, regardless of the fact it was not a whole fighter!

You must be a dealer Brent and not a collector? you should have done the right thing and gave it to someone who would look after it!

Comment

I can't believe what I am reading. You are not a collector of history. You are a destroyer of history, all for the sake of the old mighty dollar. Shameful, no other way to put it. Do all of us true collectors a favor and stop your "collecting". As far as I am concerned, you should be banned from this Forum permanently.
                              When you go home
                              Tell them for us and say
                              For your tomorrow
                              We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                              Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X