Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RS Destroyer

Guys,

Came across this badge recently and liked the look of it. With the poor Souval badges having the reputation that they have I made sure that I verified its authenticity. Not too many around to compare it with, but luckily there was a thread way back with this badge point the conversation point

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=RS+destroyer

Happy with the comments from those people in the above thread I was sure I was on to a good thing here.

A fine looking badge I think, the dark matt finish to the Destroyer and sea really add to the character of the badge. As was mentioned in the above thread the ejection ports visible are an interesting feature.

Regards,

Mark
    Attached Files

RS Destroyer reverse

The reverse of the RS destroyer, has anyone got more pictures of these RS badges? Would be nice to see more shots of these ejections stamps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark nice original . R.S are hard to find in the Destroyer award, often seen with the typical round wire catch plate but the one you show is an accepted variation. Very nice. All the best

Comment

Glad to have Found it

Originally posted by mrg View Post
        Hi Mark nice original . R.S are hard to find in the Destroyer award, often seen with the typical round wire catch plate but the one you show is an accepted variation. Very nice. All the best

Cheers,

I was pretty keen to get this one when I saw it. As another keen KM collector anything that is different draws my attention.

Goes nicely with the rest of my destroyer badge flotilla

Regards,

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark, here is the back of mine for you to see.

Cheers, Ade.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Adrian,

Nice to see the rounded catch plate on this one. My badge is missing the hinge recess that yours has (sorry the exact terminology is not coming to mind right now, Damn you San Miguel!)

Cheers,

Mark

Comment

Mark,

Reverse of another like yours

Rob

OOPS!, just noted that you posted the link to my original thread, will leave the photo anyway.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by rhudspith; 11-26-2006, 04:24 AM.
              Regards, Rob
              Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

-

Very nice and original badge, IMO!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X