VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own Luftwaffe Attributed RK's, Goblets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone own Luftwaffe Attributed RK's, Goblets?

If you do, I'm willing to part with an original press photo. PM me and let me know if you do and which one you have the RK for, documents for, etc. I'm holding back just letting any of these go as it's the RK guys or goblet guys who have the biggest investment and neeeeeeed these as you can see I did.

It would be fun to post the RK of your recipient here as I have with Paepcke's oaks. I know somewhere close by is Paepcke's first cross.
    Attached Files

Brian...your offer is very generous indeed and more importantly in the 'spirit' of collecting!

Rarely do we have an opportunity to match an 'original' photograph to these treasures...

Good on you!!!!
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

I second that and sent you a PM listing.
      Thanks!
      Erich

Originally posted by Dave Kane
      Brian...your offer is very generous indeed and more importantly in the 'spirit' of collecting!

Rarely do we have an opportunity to match an 'original' photograph to these treasures...

Good on you!!!!
      Festina lente!

Comment

Brian,

That is a beautiful grouping.

So cool to see the face with the awards. I think it just doubles the pleasure of this hobby.

Comment

Brian,

Yes indeed a great grouping and about a Kampfflieger I am highly interested in .
          How do you know he was awarded the Fontflugspange für Kampfflieger?

I have sent you an email about Paepcke's RK one!

KR
          Pascal

Comment

Comment

Unknown Help #1

So far I've been able to help a half dozen people. I'm still trying to figure out names.

I have a few that are un-named. Found one fairly easily because he was an Oaks winner.

Help me on this one please!

On the back of the photo is 1.Nov 1940

The remaining piece of tag reads Hauptm... obviously Hauptmann.

And the bottom of the tag reads 31.10. ...

I thought maybe his RK date but I can't match anyone to that date so maybe his birth date...

This is a beautiful 5x7 and I hate to let it go unknown.

This may be one of the missing ones to someone who's asked me...

Thanks.

Brian
              Attached Files

Comment

My Favorite RK

When I saw this guys photo for the first time he's always just been to my mind, very cool.

Hajo Herrmann on a 5x7 press photo. This one really excited me when I discovered I had it!

...and the fact he's Fox Molder's father, really clinches it. "The Truth Is Out There"

And holy cow you guys have a great group of attributed crosses. I thought this would be a good idea when I started this but I never dreamed...
                Attached Files

Comment

And what would make the entire effort even better....when all pics arrive those who have the cross or goblet take a picture of the 'associated' items and let's see what 'really is out there'!!!
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

I am confused. Brian, did you run across a whole bunch of luftwaffe RK and honot goblet recipient photos? Where did they come from and why were they all together if so?

BTW- there is my added cross again in the studio photo above!

Comment

Tom, 'your cross' does indeed show up several times. In fact depending on the angle of the portrait a couple of cross pics are utilized. Having done some darkroom work several years ago I'd guess they lay a negetive cut only for the cross and ribbon over the original negetive. But those guys were a lot smarter than I was...

The photo of Hajo AKA Fox Mulder is an orig. shot of his oaks.

I'll do a search for 'your cross' and show the two photos together.

Comment

Hello Brian. Do you have Helmut Lent by any chance?

eric

Comment

Originally posted by blinky
                          Hello Brian. Do you have Helmut Lent by any chance?

eric
                          Yes, but I'm not giving that one up. It's the nicest photo and of a diamonds winner. Unless you have his diamonds...

Comment

Tom, I may finally have found your 'cross'. It's very distinctive the way it leans back and to the left and slightly hanging to the right of a straight plane of the loop. Lighting of the cross irrelevant as they could darken lighten to fit the portrait.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Tom, there's a lot going on with your photo that's not going on with mine. Yours shows considerable black air brushing around the loop and sides. Look at the ribbon.

Now let's play propaganda editor and darken mine up a bit, tilt it match yours and see if it looks a little closer.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X